• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Manual Media Cut Adjustment?

dtdm

Hello... I am looking for the adjustment on the manual media cut. After printing I have manual cut turned on, However I would like it to spit out a few more inches so that the printed vinyl with have enough extra to run through my vinyl plotter (for contour cuts). I have yet to find any info on this in the maintenance manual. Any input would be a real time saver ;)

CRD

In my designs I already include the extra 4 cm I need for the correct contour cut feed. Extra 4 cm is added by a macro when it makes the contour layer.

dtdm

In my designs I already include the extra 4 cm I need for the correct contour cut feed. Extra 4 cm is added by a macro when it makes the contour layer.

awesome! This makes complete sense, however what rip program are you using that creates this macro? I'm using flexi 8.6, if I manually add space, it will adjust the crop marks within flexi and still not adjust media feed... I'm missing something?

CRD

Design program Corel Draw 4
Cutter Summa D60
Rip Flexi 8.1V6

Corel draw can work with Visual Basic scripts.
Summa plotter works too with Visual Basic scripts.
I reworked the summa script to a macro that automaticly add reg marks and a total rectangle around my design with 4 cm extra space when I am ready.
So all is inside the design.
I use two layers one ofr data one for cutlines including the regmarks.
Then I convert the data laye to an .psd
Import .psd in FLexi and rip it.
Load file to cutter and send only cut layer.

So in your case if flexi is your design program if you are ready place the design with regmarks in a rectangle Save that file as cutfile.
Then add a rectangle that has 4 cm more white space a the top with a thin black border and save that as a print file and send it to the RIP.
Load the printed file in your cutter and use the saved cut file to cut.
A small workflow change but worth the hassle?

Does that make sense and works in your workflow.

Paco

dtdm

Thanks Paco,
Your input has given me a new direction to correct my issues, I was focusing so much on the printers parameters that I was overlooking a solution such as this. I am going to tinker with this later today and see if I come up with a solution... Or more questions! Thanks

CRD

This is a sample of how I design my model car body wraps.
Small black squares are my registration marks.
They are always printed on larger white square boxes so they can be detected on the CRD promotion layer.
The top of the print has more then enough space above the top registration marks to grip the rollers to contour cut.
If you have more questions let me know.

Never used flexi for designing only as rip for printing.

Paco

Attachments

• THE CAR template - Ricky van Boxtel -web.jpg
    THE CAR template - Ricky van Boxtel -web.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 170