• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon No Yellow Printing

evie

My Mutoh Falcon will not print yellow, It is used, but was cleaned before we moved it, and cleaned when we installed it. I have banding in the other colors during the nozzel test print, and no yellow. Can someone please advise me on this?

evie

I am new at this, and the manual doesn't mention a Head Soak, can you tell me how to do this Please?

evie

There are a few different cleaning solutions that Sign Warehouse offers, which one should I use?

I just purchase a cleaning cartridge, bust it open, cut the bag and drain it into a glass jar. Be careful what you put it into this stuff will eat through lots of plastics.

AUTO-FX

you know what, try just running a head cleaning cycle 3-4 times in a row. i bet that 'll fix it .

artbot

go to a sherwin williams, buy a gallon of butly cellosolve and a quart of acetone and mix them together 4/1 ratio (gallon to quart). tada, you've got $175 worth of cleaning solution for $45.

evie

Okay, I soaked the head, cleaned and purged the system many times, and finally found a tech to come out and look at it. I need a new capping station, and right pump. Won't know about the heads until after those are replaced. I paid 4000.00 for this, and am at about 750.00 with repair costs so far (including all of the above). Hopefully he will swap out the parts today, and I will be up and running. Thanks

evie

Update...I have a new pump, and new capping station, and I PRINT YELLOW!!! Now if you guys don't mind, I need the least expensive way to print. What RIP should I get to use with the Mutoh, and I have a new Vinyl Express Q-54 coming in on Wednesday that I would like to run off of it as well. Any advice please.. Also thanks for all of the help!

gbarker

go to a sherwin williams, buy a gallon of butly cellosolve and a quart of acetone and mix them together 4/1 ratio (gallon to quart). tada, you've got $175 worth of cleaning solution for $45.

Great suggestion but that's a lot of cleaning fluid!

gbarker

Update...I have a new pump, and new capping station, and I PRINT YELLOW!!! Now if you guys don't mind, I need the least expensive way to print. What RIP should I get to use with the Mutoh, and I have a new Vinyl Express Q-54 coming in on Wednesday that I would like to run off of it as well. Any advice please.. Also thanks for all of the help!

What design software are you using. I've had some luck, though some don't like it due to it's limitations, with FlexiSign and it's production manager. If you are using AI or something similar you may want to use a stand alone rip.

Did you hang onto your old pump? It can be rebuilt with new solvent tubing which will save you in the future. They aren't hard to change either, if you are handy.

evie

No, he took the pump. I am using adobe and have flexi pro, but when we try to use flexi, we get this error: mutoh convert [port 1]

gbarker

You paid for the second pump. He shouldn't have taken it. They can be rebuilt (tubing replaced) and that can help you out in a pinch when the current pump goes out. I'd call and ask for it back. It could save you hundreds.

evie

I will, I am able to print now, I am using Flexi pro. My blues are coming out too dark, and on my last try I got a lot of little drops of black ink spitting out all over the place. I am almost ready to give up.

AUTO-FX

are you using the right profiles for your media? maybe do a head clean cycle and turn the ink limit down on the black - in production manager, go to the advanced tab<output profiles button, and try setting the black to 75 or 80 % and see what happens.