• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Not printing Magenta

Cy Fan

I was having trouble with my Falcon I outdoor 48" originally there was a head crash so I had to replace the print heads. However after replacing it will not print Magenta during the nozzle check.

I checked all the feed lines and none had leaks, the dampers have ink in them and are air tight, and I can see that the pump is moving ink thought the lines.

Any other thoughts would be a big help!

grafixhenk

Head crash

Had a similar problem with mine, the way we got ours fixed is by manualy moving the print head ass to the right on top of the capping station as far as possible and use a syringe on the waste line and suck ink through it. Be carefull though to do it gently.

Also on our printer after doing that we still had no yellow and ending up removing the yellow damper with the line attached and use the syringe to suck ink through the bottom of the damper.

This worked for us as I am here today printing and playing catch-up

So far so good we printed 4 3x10s full bleed with no problems

Cy Fan

Typically that is how I have corrected the proble in the past, but for some reason it didn't work this time.

It's almost as if the print head is not telling it to fire. Is it possibe I got a defective new print head?

grafixhenk

Could be, are your sure you are getting magenta through the head when you use a syringe, if so it could be the head or in the electric circuit.

Cy Fan

I removed the other two dampers form the head and capped the fittings so that no air would get through, then used the syringe to make sure that it was only sucking form the magenta.

Ink was comming through, so I put it through a power clean, still no dice. It must be somewhere in the print head.

grafixhenk

Sorry but yes, sound like it. Either a head or in the circuitry givving the head no signal to fire magenta

Sorry could not help you

Cy Fan

I may be wrong on this, and maybe you could help me, but would the other two colors on the print head still fire if the the cable was damaged, loose, or otherwise? I am confident that the cables are connected properly, but was basing that confidence on the fact that the other colors on the head were firing.

Maybe not the case?

randya

I may be wrong on this, and maybe you could help me, but would the other two colors on the print head still fire if the the cable was damaged, loose, or otherwise? I am confident that the cables are connected properly, but was basing that confidence on the fact that the other colors on the head were firing.

Maybe not the case?

Really dont know, but........

All colors were firing before the head change....
New head....not firing m at all.
Pulling ink...
Damper full..

And it is not too difficult to damage the connector tips.

creative

check the head range on the new print heads and make sure you'd enter those correctly into the printer setup

Graphics2u

check the head range on the new print heads and make sure you'd enter those correctly into the printer setup

This could be it. Did you enter the new head rank #'s into the printer after install. Do you have a service manual for it? If not I can tell you how to do that.

Cy Fan

Okay, her is the latest, I have been working with Michael at SW, and this is what I have done to the printer so far.

New print head
new damper
new ink tube (feed Line)
all new o-rings
new head cables

And still no magenta! all other colors work perfect. I have tried swiching the print heads and got all colors but magenta, so I know it's not the head (and I did enter the head ranks each time), I checked all lines and know there is so leak, I have replaced the damper twice just in case so I am 99% sure it's not that, if it were a fuse the head as a whole would not print (correct?) so it's not that.

Is there anything I missed?

randya

Okay, her is the latest, I have been working with Michael at SW, and this is what I have done to the printer so far.

New print head
new damper
new ink tube (feed Line)
all new o-rings
new head cables

And still no magenta! all other colors work perfect. I have tried swiching the print heads and got all colors but magenta, so I know it's not the head (and I did enter the head ranks each time), I checked all lines and know there is so leak, I have replaced the damper twice just in case so I am 99% sure it's not that, if it were a fuse the head as a whole would not print (correct?) so it's not that.

Is there anything I missed?

You are right the whole head is fused, not individual channels.

You say you switched the heads?
Did you switch cables too?

If you switch heads does the head that originally magenta fire with the new color?

Could still be the umbilical cables, the CR board, or the mainboard though.

Cy Fan

I know this is an old thread, but to update my problem. After talking with the phone support at Sign Warehouse and GEI and determining that I have replaced everything that would cause the problem, I spent the money to have a tech. come out from GEI and take a look at it.

Of course both phone support techs said there is no way it could be a faulty headboard, but I keept asking the quesion. and when the On site support tech showed up I asked it again, and he also said that couldn't be the problem as there has never been a case where a head board has gone bad. But he put a new one in just to ease my mind, and sure enough all colors printed just perfect.

So long story short.... I am the lucky first person to have a faulty head board on a Mutoh machine, and only spent a couple of grand $$$$ replacing a

-damper
-feed lines
-print heads
-maintaince station and
-Main board

to find this out!!

Bradster941

Cy Fan, sorry for your experience but am glad your up and running.

I am also glad you took the time to come back and complete your thread.
Just wish more people would do the same once their problem is solved so others can benefit from it.

Thanks,

Brad.