• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 46 - y encoder error

sargdesigns

Hello all,

Noob here! I recently purchased a Falcon Outdoor from a member here who has been very helpful, but I am stumped on this one. I keep getting a y encoder error and I can't figure out why. At first it was a y current error, but then immediately after cleaning everything, pulling the sides off, and the top up some and trying to restart I am continually getting the y encoder error. I have cleaned the t fence, as well as lightly lubricated and cleaned the tracks for the cartridge assembly. The pulley is not slipping on the right side and it appears that the cartridge moves smoothly along the track. The encoder reader u-piece appears to be properly situated over the strip, however I am not sure how to remove and verify how clean it is where it picks-up. When I start up it moves the assembly about 3" before it stops and blinks with the y encoder error. This occurs in the same manner even if I move the cartridge assembly manually to the middle and try to restart. What else could be the culprit? Anything in particular I can check?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind Regards,
Brandon

Last edited:

sargdesigns

Thanks for your reply Stealth Ryder, how can I check to make sure that the motor is actually the issue?

Last edited:

sargdesigns

What else can I check? I am getting desperate to get it working, I have already installed the ink and I don't want it to dry up or clog anything in the mean time. Not to mention, I would actually like to start using it and get to know my way around the machine before I start my next semester of school. By chance Randya, would you or any Mutoh Technicians you might know be interested in coming out to my place in Tempe to help me get it up and running? I have the print server set-up, the computer recognizing the printer, as well as FlexiSign 8.5 v1 installed, and I can pay cash for your time. Thanks in advance!