• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48 Printing all ink?! (PROBLEM)

dtdm

This is a new one for me!
My Falcon48 has decided not to print what I want, but instead print a TON of all ink colors to make a nice thick black mess!

In order of leading up to problem:
It was printing normal prior to this… Literally minutes before this started to happen.
I had noticed a bit of static induced splatter.
I gently cleaned the roll of vinyl with some "staticide" cleaner… I've done this numerous times in the past without problem.
Resumed printing, fine…
Ink then dropped a few colors out on a larger print.
Proceeded to refill dampers by pulling off head and pulling ink into damper via damper (not through head).

Problem began sometime after.

It prints a nozzle check in the same fashion (all inks to form a mess)… so its not profile issue.

Help Me :jr:

Attachments

• Mutoh1.JPG
    Mutoh1.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 143

dtdm

I went to the print head cables first… I horde spare parts so I have literally EVERYTHING (minus a spare board)...

The CMK head seems to be the goofy head. I have just finished replacing the head cable, the original one was older and had a small bend in one of the pins...

However fired it up, no better!

I have two new heads, I COULD install however I was waiting to swap those as long as possible.

Attachments

• Mutoh2.JPG
    Mutoh2.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 102

dtdm

Unplugged all head cables again, checked for visible signs of problem with CMK "sockets"(?)… Everything looks fine…

Debating on swapping the head out… I really don't want to yet though...

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

dtdm

Can you swap the head cables to see the problems follows the cables?
DAMN! That was a good idea… I should have done that.
I ended up replacing the head… It appears to be working! So I think we can safely say the head blew?

Now what causes something like that to happen?!

J Hill Designs

Ink then dropped a few colors out on a larger print.
Proceeded to refill dampers by pulling off head and pulling ink into damper via damper (not through head).

Problem began sometime after.

my guess is something happened to it at this stage...