• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon outdoor 48"

chadarcy

I have a Mutoh Falcon outdoor 48" that I just got the heads replaced and working great again, (praise the lord)! But I went throught a lot of ink troubleshooting and then priming to get back running again. My question is, has anyone had good luck with refillable cartridges and off brand of inks. If so is there a certain cartridge I should get and ink known to work without problems in this printer.

Thanks,
Chad

SlightlyChilled

Do you do a lot of printing? If so save your coin and get a newer printer...
I have the same printer I don't see the point in it if you really.. If want more ink get the 440cc and rig a stand to hold the carts so they a not put a strain in the pins on the inside....

thats just my 2 cents

chadarcy

Do you do a lot of printing? If so save your coin and get a newer printer...
I have the same printer I don't see the point in it if you really.. If want more ink get the 440cc and rig a stand to hold the carts so they a not put a strain in the pins on the inside....

thats just my 2 cents

No I don't do a lot of printing, but isn't there a big price difference in being able to refill and buying liters of ink, vs buying the mutoh cartridges?

SlightlyChilled

Not to sound harsh... but then charge more... The problems that "may or will" come up from 3 party inks will cost you more in the long run....

I was thinking the same way when I brought mine back from the dead...

The first 2 sets is a whooper but after that you only replace what you use...

This is what I did.. Buy a full set sell a butt load of banners and signs... Now buy a new set and have it on the side.You will never need to replace all 6 at the same time might be close but not all 6 like LC and LM will last the longest. When the printer tells you k,m,c,l is low change it then order a new one and replace your stock....

Good luck in what ever you pick if I were you I would just stick with what is easy.... Stick with the carts

chadarcy

Thanks for the reply chilled! I do understand what your are saying about possibly causing way more headaches than what iit is worth, but is that coming from your own experience. The ink just seems to be about 1/4 of the cost of buying the cartridge when you compare 220ml to the price of 1 liter.

Where do you recommend getting the cartridges from? I am seeing them for
$67.00 plus cost of shipping. can I get them cheaper?

I am definitely considering your opinion, but have a hard time when the price difference I am seeing is so great, if the refillables and ink don't harm the printer.