• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62 Troubleshoot

Bdaniels230

We recently purchased a used Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62.:banghead:
I seem to be having problems with pumping ink through the machine.
the Machine was sitting for god knows how long, yet the previous owner did do a Flush before letting it sit.

Taking it apart I noticed that the capping station was all out of wack. I
ended up popping the capping station back together and that seemed to fix nothing with ink flow. (also i've noticed that inside the capping station there seems to be a sort of padding. the texture seems to be rough and i was wondering if that was normal on Mutoh Printers.)

I manually pulled ink with a syringe through the tubing that connects to the dampers. yet after a few INK FILLS the dampers still yet to have any fluids passing through.

any thoughts?

randya

The padding is supposed to be there, acts much as a splash guard.

The key is can you pull ink from below the capping station, between the cap and the pump.
There must be a seal here for the pump to work.
http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/95/

If you can pull a vacuum here, then check for plugged drainage lines, tubing leaks, or proper pump operation.

Bdaniels230

Still Problems

I attempted to pull fluid through passed the pump manually, and on one line i actually go flow. Then I tried the other passed the pump and got nothing, so i tried hooking into the top of the pump and pushing into the waste and that worked just fine so i think that rules out the pump as the problem. Then I tried hooking up to the capping station to pull ink through and wasnt able to get a drop. I also had just installed a new capping station so that shouldn't be the problem. is it possible that the head may be clogged still? I have even pushed(very carefully) fluid through the heads 3 nipples 5 of the 6 seem to push through clean but one ( Black ) only has a few steams rather then a full even flow.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Brad

randya

You say you cant pull ink, but can you pull a vacuum?

It does sound like the black is pretty clogged.

You cant pull ink into the dampers? The first thing you need to do is get ink into the dampers and then try to print and see what you get.
You can actually put a syringe right on the nipple of the damper and pull ink through to get them to fill but be very gentle with them (or have a few extra dampers) they are plastic and do break.

Bdaniels230

I have pulled fluid into the dampers and i can push fluid through the capping station and pump, and i do get a vacume if I attempt to pull through the entire machine.

Bdaniels230

Victory!!

we purchased and install a new head and after a few mistrials I finally got Fluid to flow nicely throughout the machine Thanks For the feedback!!!:U Rock: