Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor capping station screen

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by dtdm, Jun 7, 2012.

1. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    My little copper mesh screen is gone off of one of my capping station tops!!! I have literally no idea where it went!

Might have became stuck during head soak? no idea... its a new capping station *2 months or so... Anywhere I can purchase another mesh screen?

Tags:
  2. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Thanks, thmooch. Great link! Have your or any other member here ever pulled out a magnifying glass and measured to see which screen size best matches the screens that come with the capping station? If so, please share that info.

3. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Yah I could use the same info!

4. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    This link was posted a while back when everyone was experiencing swelling of the pads. I have not purchased from the site. Might do a search to dig up more info.

5. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Well, I cleaned up the old magnifying glass, re-calibrated the old micrometer, and took a closer look at the screen. I measured the screen squares as 1/16" (.0625") and the overall thickness as .007". If and when I buy one from McMaster-Carr, I would get a flattened mesh expanded metal sheet with diamond openings. Part #9302T141 looks like it would work. Or part #9305T86 if you like aluminum better than carbon steel.

6. aha!creative

aha!creative Member

Apr 4, 2011
    I had this problem yesterday, expect I didn't catch it in time and it cause the sponge to swell and siphon ink out into the waste tank and then overflow onto the floor. I found it inside the printer on the base but the guys at SolventInkjet told me they fuse to the print heads sometimes. Either way it's a bummer that they come off the capping stations at any point, just one more thing to watch out for with this machine!

7. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    aha!creative::
    I currently run a garbage bag around my waste can to solve such issues ;)