Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Color Fading Out???

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by HVSS, Dec 6, 2007.

1. HVSS

HVSS New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Hey,

I am new here and I have a pretty weird problem. All of a sudden, when printing a photo, the colors are getting completely washed out. I am running a bit of an old machine, I have Mutoh Falcon Outdoor. I am attaching an image so you can see what I mean. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    [​IMG]

Tags:
  2. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Ink Starvation

Might be a clogged damper, bad seal or a kinked ink line.

3. HVSS

HVSS New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Thank you. Is this something that I might be able to fix myself or should i get a tech in here? I am unsure of how to unclog the line or empty the damper. I really appreciate the quick response.

4. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    1) Take the top cover off and look for kinks or holes on the ink lines.

2) Take the head plastic cover off and inspect the dampers, they might be clogged , or an air leak.

3) YES YOU CAN FIX IT !! IT IS NOT THAT HARD !

5. Might want to try a ink fill on all colors. Sometimes ours starves out. Haven't figured out why yet, but fixes the problem most of the time.

6. If an ink fill is fixing your problem, then you must have a small vaccum leak somewhere. Check you o rings where the metal lines meet the plastic tubes by removing the large lid cover thats on top of the machine. Also this will allow you to visually inspect the lines for air bubbles ect.

7. Cy Fan

Cy Fan Member

Jun 16, 2007
    If it is a damper or ink line problem, sometimes a couple power clean cycles does the trick