• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Color Fading Out???

HVSS

Hey,

I am new here and I have a pretty weird problem. All of a sudden, when printing a photo, the colors are getting completely washed out. I am running a bit of an old machine, I have Mutoh Falcon Outdoor. I am attaching an image so you can see what I mean. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
1206071259.jpg

HVSS

Thank you. Is this something that I might be able to fix myself or should i get a tech in here? I am unsure of how to unclog the line or empty the damper. I really appreciate the quick response.

Compilla

1) Take the top cover off and look for kinks or holes on the ink lines.

2) Take the head plastic cover off and inspect the dampers, they might be clogged , or an air leak.

3) YES YOU CAN FIX IT !! IT IS NOT THAT HARD !

S

Sign-Man Signs

Might want to try a ink fill on all colors. Sometimes ours starves out. Haven't figured out why yet, but fixes the problem most of the time.

Graphicdetailsinc

If an ink fill is fixing your problem, then you must have a small vaccum leak somewhere. Check you o rings where the metal lines meet the plastic tubes by removing the large lid cover thats on top of the machine. Also this will allow you to visually inspect the lines for air bubbles ect.

Cy Fan

If it is a damper or ink line problem, sometimes a couple power clean cycles does the trick