• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor "Confirm Paper Kind" "undefined Paper" issue

GetGraphic

I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62 printer, the media sensor will not detect any media wider than 24". It will correctly detect and measure all media UNDER 24". Does anyone know if there is a setting to adjust the left margin or to turn off the measuring on startup function all together? If so could someone please tell me the procedure to do so? I have changed the sensor, and gone through all the settings in BOTH the user and the service menu's, and everything appears to be in order. I have read some other forum posts with others having similar issues, but no follow up as to how they resolved the issue. I can say with 100% certainty that it is NOT an issue with the way the media is loaded. Any info from someone who has had a similar issue and got it resolved would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Auburnpeanut

I will take a stab at this and hopefully it will help. a few questions first. Are you loading the media with it aligned on the left side of the machine? Our old 38" falcon outdoor junior loaded with the paper along the right hand side of the machine. The reason I ask it this...Our old machine would only recognize media 37.5" wide even though the machine was called a 38". You could fit 38" material easily, but it would always say unrecognized material. I found that upon loading of the material it I trimmed 1/2"-3/4" off of the left hand side of the material (just for the first couple of inches) It would load and measure correctly. The after the measurement/load up sequence I would just index/run the material forward a couple of inches to make it get past the trimmed away area. I bring this up because when you are loading the larger material if you are sliding it left just a little to make the right end be just under a pinch roller, you would be sliding a little left a little bit too much. This may all be a moot point if your carriage and starting point are on the left hand side. Like I said, our old machine had the carriage and starting point on the right hand side. Hope this helps.

Peanut

GetGraphic

its a 62" machine, & It loads on the right hand side. No matter what material I load, It recognizes the leading edge, but it stops looking for the trailing edge at 24". I have tried 15" & 24" which both work fine, & 30" 48" and 54". which it always stops in the same spot around the 24" mark, returns home & gives me the "undefined paper" message. :-/

CRD

OK, Are you the first owner of the machine?
Did it worked before?
Which firmware is in the machine with startup?

Paco