• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon outdoor Help?

Jthompson Designs

:banghead: Having issues with what looks like fish eyes in my prints on Orajet 3551RA and I am using the right profile for the media (I think) I have also tried dropping ink levels, also banding is it possible to get rid of it with these machines or should a guy just upgrade? any help would be great. Thanks Joe

randya

Fisheyes are typically caused by 2 things.
Media contamination
Media itself (i.e. plasticizer migration)

Contamination (typically from the shop or printer area) should have dark centers to the fisheyes. (pigments collect around the contaminant, dirt or dust)

Media will have light centers. Unable to penetrate the surface pigments are drawned to the outside.

Jthompson Designs

Fisheyes are typically caused by 2 things.
Media contamination
Media itself (i.e. plasticizer migration)

Contamination (typically from the shop or printer area) should have dark centers to the fisheyes. (pigments collect around the contaminant, dirt or dust)

Media will have light centers. Unable to penetrate the surface pigments are drawned to the outside.

Media is new both rolls and even tried old small piece, it is only happening in the black or real dark areas and the middle of the fish eye is white. what causes contamination if the media is in the original plastic bags? Shop is clean, what about heat settings or maybe too much ink? thanks for the help.

Jthompson Designs

media is new to you...doesnt mean its new...

So what you're saying is because it sits in a box wrapped in plastic it can still get contaminated? oh and it happens on my 13oz banner too but only with dark colors. What is it getting contaminated with or what causes this besides dust? Thanks

randya

Problem is that there is something inhibiting ink from penetrating into the media.

Could be all the media you have tried.
Could be the beginning of plasizer migration.
Could be water vapor from an airline.
Or oil vapor from a compressor.
Could be that you have contaiminated the rollers on your machine from a piece of bad media- clean with denatured alcohol.

Heat can sometimes help by driving off plasticizer or whatever the contamination is.

You are going to have to play a bit of detective work, it seems.

Last edited: