• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. 38 Help Please!!!!

whgjettdesigns

I have a few things to ask. First of all on all colors, whether is be cmyk i am getting lighter colored lines about every three or for inches. Say with red 4 instance it will start great then fade to dimmer lines then back to normal. Another thing is how long should it take to print? For instance I am printing a wrap 27 in wide by 150 inches long. I am using flexi 7 printing high quality 720X720 and it takes 2.5 hours. Is that normal? Thanks for the help. and if there is anyone willing to talk on the phone in the morning that could help me say at 7 cst please give your number.

artbot

photo... or actually print, scan the print. will be much clearer. will be easier to diagnose if the signs101ers can get a focused look at the issue.

AUTO-FX

Sounds to me like your having an ink starvation issue. How old are your dampers? Are you using brand new cartridges? How old is your maintenance station?

AUTO-FX

The speed thing is another issue. Do you have "print while ripping" selected?
Do you have unidirectional or bidirectional selected?

you can call me and i'll try to help you out if i can. PM sent.

whgjettdesigns

photos

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 79
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 78

AUTO-FX

OK, so for value of this thread, I'll post what we talked about on the phone.
Your dampers are about 6 mo.s old, all showing 1/2 full and no foamy ink. But the capping station is older, and may not be sealing well aganst the head. There's also no screens, so it may even be aftermarket. A tech came and put that in last, but you dont know for sure if it's OEM. I have had issues with aftermarket capping station not seating properly, and since you show a little build up of ink on it,it may not be, and a thorough cleaning may help it out. Also, the possible poor seal may not be letting the ink lines prime like they should, resulting in a bit of ink starvation.
Let us know how you make out!

whgjettdesigns

ok so i cleaned all around the heads, wiper, capping station with cleaning fluid. After that I did one powerful clean from the printer and printed and still no fix. so i once again did another power clean and went from 720x720 to 1440x1440 and still not perfect but good enough for now. what next?

whgjettdesigns

i think I may have figured it out but correct me if im wrong. the wiper was staying towards the back of the printer during the printing process. therefore half of the color head was hitting it during the print.

klemgraphics

i think I may have figured it out but correct me if im wrong. the wiper was staying towards the back of the printer during the printing process. therefore half of the color head was hitting it during the print.
Mine does that from time to time and it can cause problems like you are seeing, another thing that happened to mine was the ink lines from the cartridges to the heads cracked once and also caused ink starvation.