• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr.- increasing buffer...

txjest

hi,
I use a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr./Prismjet Extra- and am finding that the printer stops on the large job I'm trying to do- my file is 300MB and 14 panels. Machine stops after 4 panels. I send again, omiting those 4 already printed and it will print another 4 and stop.
After consulting with the dealer and with an independent company, I'm left with a couple of questions:
1) can I increase the buffer? There's an extra slot and we have 128 right now.
2) the computer will handle 2G. If I can increase the buffer, how much can I increase it?

thanks, in advance.
Anna

randya

The printer will only use a very small amount of memory to buffer jobs no matter how much memory is in the printer.

The computer (RIP) should buffer the entire job on the harddrive, independent of memory.

How long are 4 panels?

Do you get an error, or reading on the printer or in the RIP?

txjest

the panels are 27"X41"
the printer, after stopping, says 'receiving' and the production manager in Flexi8 says 'printing 0%'.

txjest

one of the guys tried sending separate jobs, he had a little better success, but still, the printer did not finish.

Compilla

the panels are 27"X41"
the printer, after stopping, says 'receiving' and the production manager in Flexi8 says 'printing 0%'.

How do you have the printer connected to the PC ?

Via Parallel or CAT5 cable, router or switch ?

bmatlock5

you might try looking for a post on upping the voltage on the printer. i know of a printer that stopped in the middle of jobs and had to have the voltage increased. solved the problem

txjest

Compilla, the printer is connected parallel cable,
Bmatlock5, the voltage is at 550, per the manual.