• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. no Black printing

akfoy

My black printer head was working find and I had to do some work on my color print head. Put everything back together and my color is working fine but now not black. I have verified that ink is flowing, damper is full, multiple cleanings and nothing. It is as if the black head has quit firing. So I pulled out a spare black head and replaced it hoping that was the problem but the black still does not lay down any ink at all. Any ideas? Color head still work.

MacDaddy

Head Fuse Blown

If it is a Falcon Outdoor Junior then you have a blown head fuse... It is located on the Mainboard and you must deloder it and replace to correct the issue... To test it use an alligator clip to jump the fuse and do a nozzle check... If you get black then you know what you need to do... It is the fuse on the left if it is a Junior....

akfoy

The unit is a Falcon Outdoor Junior, but I have been unable to find anything that looks like a fuse on the main board. Can you give me a better idea as to where to look. Also what do you mean by deloder? Thanks

akfoy

Well I have bypassed the fuses and still unable to get black to fire. Does anyone have any other ideas before I breakdown and call GEICalgrahp?

akfoy

Update on my black printing issue. The final results was that the fuses on the main board was blown. The fuse is so small my alligator clips were not making good contact to be able to bypass the fuses. I used a meter to test it and it show a open. I have now replace the fuse and have everything back up and running great. I would like to thank everyone that took the time to leave a helpful post. Thank again.

Graphics2u

The final results was that the fuses on the main board was blown. The fuse is so small my alligator clips were not making good contact to be able to bypass the fuses. .

Glad you got it fixed! I've always wondered why they would make a fuse that is so difficult to replace? Why not some simple plugin thing?

signage

Because it usually cause a technician to be called and they can make more money! Most companies make more money on repairs than sales!

caos68

thank you so much

My black ink hasn't been printing since november, I replaced the maintenance station, and still nothing, but after reading this thread, I checked the fuse. And thank God it was bad, I replaced it and it prints great. Thanks everyone for the excellent advice.