• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor print server

redmondcopy

Hello,

Having a problem more related to networking I think. I bought a new SEH print server and installed the intercon software but it does not show the printers IP address. I can't get the computer to talk to the printer. Any help would be much great.

Thanks in advance,
Grant

RG

Hello, Grant. I use a parallel cable with my FOJ printer and it works fine. I have tried the SEH print server that came with the printer. To get it to work for me, I had to go into the Local Area Connection Properties, right click the TCP/IP, select properties, and then enter a specific IP Address. Then, reboot. Your SEH documentation should give you the IP Address. I'm certainly no expert on this. Hopefully, some of the real pros will put their 2 cents in here. Good luck.

cfriend

Most likely the problem is that the default ip address of the print server is on a different subnet than your local network. As RG stated, check the manaul and configure your network as directed and you will then be able to configure the print server. Once you know its ip address you should be able to configure the print server via a web browser using its ip address. Example, once you know the ip address of the print server, open Internet Explorer and enter the ip address in the address bar Example:(http://192.168.1.1). Once your are connected to the print server change the ip address & subnet mask to one that is on your network.

redmondcopy

Thank you for the ideas so far, but I'm still not having any luck. Here is what I have done.

Connected the print server to the computer with a cross over cable.
Powered everything on.
Installed the intercon net tool and gave it a IP of 172.018.003.101
Went in to my local area conection and set the IP to 172.018.003.100
When I open the intercon tool it does not see the printer.
If I try to ping the printer it does not see it either.
Any more ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Grant

redmondcopy

Not as I understand it. The computer needs to be different than the print server. Let me know if I'm wrong?

Thanks,
Grant

RG

Grant, are the lights on your print server on? What Rip/Print software are you using? I use Flexi and have to tell it in the Production Manager that I am using a print server. Its default setup is for parallel printing. Have you tried to print from a parallel cable and/or tried set up your Rip/Print program to print from a print server? Just throwing some more ideas out.

cfriend

What is the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway of your pc? You can open a command prompt by going to start, run, in the box type cmd and click ok; if vista click on start and type cmd in the search bar. Once you get the dos prompt type ipconfig and hit enter. If you are not comfortable posting this info, pm me.

redmondcopy

Got it printing!!!!!
Thank you everyone for all the help and ideas. I ended up putting in a second network card and it worked perfect after that.

Thanks again,
Grant