• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Printing Program

HVSS

Just curious to see what everyone's opinions are as far as the best software for Mutoh printers. I am currently using Flexi Sign 7.5v4 and I am having a very hard time getting the output colors to match what is on screen. I do not have any ICC profiles so I am playing around with all of the color settings myself. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ChiknNutz

...I am having a very hard time getting the output colors to match what is on screen. I do not have any ICC profiles so I am playing around with all of the color settings myself...

You stated the problem right there. Surely, though, you must have some sort of media profiles that you are using, right? If not, you are hopelessly lost and will never get it by gosh-and-by-golly. You MUST have some media profiles. The best thing you could do would be to learn how to make these yourself, coupled with purchasing the appropriate equipment...namely a spectrophotometer (i.e. EyeOne Proof or similar).

MrKoob

1) Consider getting a Huey or Spyder Monitor Calibrator. 2) Get ICC Profiles. Unless you have a lot of experience working with color settings or with profiling I'd advise not to do anything manually unless it's absolutely necessary. Do number 2) First.

MobileImpact

For the Older Mutohs (Falcon Series) there are more "canned" profiles available in Flexi or Sign Lab, then are available in Onyx or Wasatch.
Best thing to really do with the older printers is find a profile that prints ok and then Linearize it. You can also take that same "stock" profile and make new profiles for different medias. You should really think about purchasing an Eye-One to do this. It is also important to make sure your "workspace" color settings are the same in all the programs your using.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Compilla

. I am currently using Flexi Sign 7.5v4 and I am having a very hard time getting the output colors to match what is on screen.
Thank you.

Why do not you upgrade to Flexi 7.6 or 7.7 so you can use the newer presets ?
You'll need a calibrated monitor as well.