Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Printing Program

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by HVSS, Dec 21, 2007.

1. HVSS

HVSS New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Just curious to see what everyone's opinions are as far as the best software for Mutoh printers. I am currently using Flexi Sign 7.5v4 and I am having a very hard time getting the output colors to match what is on screen. I do not have any ICC profiles so I am playing around with all of the color settings myself. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags:
  2. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    You stated the problem right there. Surely, though, you must have some sort of media profiles that you are using, right? If not, you are hopelessly lost and will never get it by gosh-and-by-golly. You MUST have some media profiles. The best thing you could do would be to learn how to make these yourself, coupled with purchasing the appropriate equipment...namely a spectrophotometer (i.e. EyeOne Proof or similar).

3. MrKoob

MrKoob Member

May 22, 2007
    1) Consider getting a Huey or Spyder Monitor Calibrator. 2) Get ICC Profiles. Unless you have a lot of experience working with color settings or with profiling I'd advise not to do anything manually unless it's absolutely necessary. Do number 2) First.

4. MobileImpact

MobileImpact Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    For the Older Mutohs (Falcon Series) there are more "canned" profiles available in Flexi or Sign Lab, then are available in Onyx or Wasatch.
    Best thing to really do with the older printers is find a profile that prints ok and then Linearize it. You can also take that same "stock" profile and make new profiles for different medias. You should really think about purchasing an Eye-One to do this. It is also important to make sure your "workspace" color settings are the same in all the programs your using.

Good Luck!

Kevin

5. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Why do not you upgrade to Flexi 7.6 or 7.7 so you can use the newer presets ?
    You'll need a calibrated monitor as well.