• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor XF Sensor Location

jonathantill

Does anyone know where the xf sensor is located on a falcon outdoor? When I turn on the machine just after it initializes it starts feeding paper out and wont stop. I logged into the diag menu to check the sensors and the xr sensor works properly but i cannot find the xf sensor to test. Also the sensor on the head works correctly just cant find the xf sensor for the front. Also does anyone know where I could get a service manual for it? Thanks

SlightlyChilled

I think you have the roll feed option set wrong. lift the lever and I think its the lower most left button. Click that and see how you make out. Might be 3 or 4 setting there just look at the lights. sorry im not nere my printer

CRD

XF sensor is just on the front of the ribs (small hole) on the post heater plate 10 cm from the right handside. Like Chilled said check the setting of the media feeder and put it on sheet to test. Close the cover on the machine while feeding the media in or dim all the light in the room. The XF sensor is the FRONT (hence F) XR is rear sensor.

let us know your result.

Paco

jonathantill

I cant get the sensor to register right in the diag menu but the issue was that is was set for sheet feed instead of roll. I fixed that and now I have a E072 error. I had this once before when i first got the machine but i cleaned the encoder strip and reader and it went away. During the feeding issue i think i may have change a home setting or something that is now causing this error because I didnt see it before. I am gonna start a new post and see if I can figure this new problem out.

CRD

XF sensor location see picture.

Paco

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 76

jonathantill

I saw that hole like for the one on the back but I removed the cover and there is no sensor there. I got everything back working and it is sensing the paper correctly so I guess I am not gonna worry about it. Thanks for the pic though