• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor

redmondcopy

Just wondering how many people run one of these and how are they to operate? Any major problems? I have one that I need to replace the heads on that has been sitting for awhile. I was also wondering if I should do everything at once like the capping station, pump and dampers or is it one of those if it isn't broke don't fix it things?

Thanks,
Grant

bradw1

i just bought a jr that had been sitting for over a year and i have got the heads back going. not 100 % but right 90 %. i am gonna go ahead and replace the dampers and see from there.

redmondcopy

I'd like to also hear from other people runnung these printers to get there thoughts on how they print and easy of use and what not.

Thanks,
Grant

c-leb

dude not to sound like a downer but i ran one of these for 4+ years and it was good at very limited applications. Like full color banners and some vinyl. Pro's are the ink takes on the media luster so glossy material will make great glossy prints. Con's are headstrikes with the slightest wrinkle in the material. You HAVE to run the machine regular (like every day if you can) or the heads will clog and you'll be where you are now. I NEVER got the heads to wake up buy soaking them myself, had to call a tech out probably 6 times in 4 years to do everything from replace heads (if your lucky you have the 4 head machine and not the 8 like we did) to capping station, to all the pumps and even a motherboard. The good news is once we got the machine dialed in it ran great for the last couple years till we had a fire and it died of water damage... good luck.

I have owned a Falcon Jr. for 3 years now and love it. We have replaced the heads, capping station, pump and dampners once in it (about a year ago). Other than that we have had no problems with it. If we are slow I make sure we print something or run a cleaning cycle everyother day. Never had an head strike with it and we print on everything from 3165, convex, banners and canvas. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

midnightmadman

I have one too I bought from Flame last year. It runs awesome and for a used printer I could ask for more!
I also just moved and my heads were bone dry. It sat for over a month in a storage unit here in SC. I got them running like new now. Just do some searches and you will see how to do it.. BUT it takes a lot of time and patients.

redmondcopy

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll try to do the sonic cleaning before buying new heads. Any other info people might have on running one of these would be great to hear, this is my first solvent printer.

Thanks again,
Grant
:thankyou:

redmondcopy

Well here's where I'm at after doing the sonic clean 4 times and doing a couple cleanings in the printer. Any ideas or am I needing to by new print heads?

Thanks,
Grant

Attachments

• print.jpg
    print.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 108

midnightmadman

The heads are WAY out of alignment, but the nozzles look like there getting clean.... keep going.
But once they are all running its alignment time!

westpointsigns

Falcon

I have a Falcon Outdoor 62. I've been running it for about 1-1/2 months now and have had no real issues....knock on wood. Easy to operate but I'm still learning all of the in's and out's of the wonderful world of digital printing. I am also using it in conjunction with a Mutoh 1400d cutter. It can be a little finicky when it comes to contour cutting. Other than that for now all's OK.