• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon, refillable cartridge question

kevint2005

Hey guys,
I know third party inks are somewhat of a sin on here, but i've had really good luck so far with STS inks and they also have it available by the liter. So I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever used or had any luck with those plastic refillable cartridges and this particular machine (Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62")?

I've read through a lot of threads on here but haven't really found much info on this machine in particular with this setup so forgive me if i've overlooked it somewhere. I appreciate it any feedback from you all.

Jackpine

I use STS pigment ink with an Epson 7700 and have saved on ink cost with great quality and no problems. I get mine fro Bobby Fosson T CS Supplies. With a Falcon, the sticker on the OEM cartridge is all you need and a funnel. Buy a set of refillable cartridges and apply the sticker from your refillable cartridges inks and your ready to go. I used them on a Falcon Jr with no problems. There is a larger savings with the pigment over the solvent when using catridges from my experience.

50%
Hey guys,
I know third party inks are somewhat of a sin on here, but i've had really good luck so far with STS inks and they also have it available by the liter. So I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever used or had any luck with those plastic refillable cartridges and this particular machine (Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62")?

I've read through a lot of threads on here but haven't really found much info on this machine in particular with this setup so forgive me if i've overlooked it somewhere. I appreciate it any feedback from you all.

dtdm

I have all sorts of refillable ink carts ranging from the 220ml to the 440ml. Even different brands as I am always hacking stuff together.
They work however there are small nuisances I have noticed:
I prefer the smaller 220 carts as they work easier.​
The larger ones I find myself having to make cardboard props in the cartridge slot to prevent the excess weight from pulling the cartridges.

I do seal my cartridges around the fill hole after filling with saran wrap to prevent air leaking... those caps are pretty loose and have holes in them.

The only other thing is the stickers which were addressed. These sometimes come with the cartridges... just slap them on. You can make them super easy with some mirrored/chrome vinyl and some gloss black as well.

I have run sts inks for a few years now with no issues what so ever... Actually prefer them from the oem stuff I was using.

Just make sure you have screens on your capping station to prevent pad swelling... I dumped full cartridges on the floor due to that issue in the past.