• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon RJ-6100 printing problem

Gasper

So i have this rj-6100 mutoh, got it recently.. still working on it, trying to clean the heads, soaking them.. but thats another story.
Anyway it has a parallel port.. at first i tried with some chinese usb to parallel adapter but no luck..
now ive put a pci parallel card into my workstation (Sunix is the brand i think)..
i tried every possible setting in onyx and the lpt port itself in device manager.. its buffering in onyx and then it fails to print and tells me about it in that down right log window..
on the printer i get "Convert [Port 1]" but it stays there until i click cancel.. so it looks like he is trying something.. if i set the lpt port to ecp in device manager and click ok i instantly get "MH01 Error [RTL]" on the printer screen? then again if i try to print anything from onyx (10).. i think it has something to do with the commands sending to the printer but im not sure.. i just know the printer doesnt understand a thing that the pc is telling him, thats what im sure about! :p ill try to use another cable, but it should work, i took it from a roland cnc that i have..
if anyone has any idea what can i try next that would be really helpful! thanks

Umca

It possibel to use print-server. Many years ago I saw few devices what connected with Dlink DP-301P+
And, Win XP together with Onyx 6 (or 7) or SAI Photoprint 6.

Gasper

yes those adapters/servers look nice.. i could order one.
anyway i managed to get it to print from PP6!
tho i dont understand whats wrong with onyx.. it could be the prninst file? i didnt use the one thats for version 10 onyx.. i just have the one for onyx 12 (from the printer&profile downlaod manager) and ive replaced the dlls inside.. it installs the printer but there must be something wrong with the communication i guess

studio10

Had old Mutoh Rockhopper I 62, I sold it 10 years ago. I think I also used D-link DP-301P+ print server.