• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh falcon Y-Timeout E072 Error

Leebee

I know there are threads on this but its not that cut and dry.
I have a parts machine with low mileage and Im running out of parts to swop.
We have had an issue on and off with the heads firing when their not supposed to (see pic) and it was addressed in a previous thread.
Mutoh print.jpg The advice was to replace the Encoder Strip and or sensor. I swapped the sensor to no avail and then bought and installed a new encoder strip.
Voila!! it worked... for a while. The owner was checking a banner running after hours and noticed the marks again. While it was running he wiped the encoder strip thinking there was something on it.

The poster finished printing printing, cleaned, then went full left quickly hitting the left side of the plotter hard enough to break the mounting for the cutter solenoid.

Since then it initializes to the point of finding "Home" then goes full right and errors out. Y072 ERR Y Timeout.

After the head goes to the right (after sensing the home flag) it hugs the right wall then seems to go powerless and goes slightly left (cables and ink line tension) its then that it errors out.

Swapped:
Encoder sensor
Y Motor

Replaced:
Encoder strip

Adjusted:
Home Spring clip

Thanks in advance guys.

Leebee

Fixed

Fixed it.

Seems due to wiping the T Fence or maybe the printer loosing its mind the Home Position was corrupted causing it to not reach the set position and giving a E072 Err Y Timeout.

I replaced or swapped all parts related and not related and finally stumbled upon a way to erase the home position parameter and it was able to finish most of its start up procedure and gave a "Can't find home" error. I then was able to enter SVC mode and set the parameter.
Voila!