• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh FalconJr Finally Fixed

oreen

I finally go my printer up and running after thoroughly going through the service manual and changing the printheads, cables, fuses and capping station. For about 1 year I was printing on the color head only- I disconnected the fuse for the black head because when I connected it I was getting solid black line throughout the whole print- it was a mess. I was thinking of getting a Valuejet but instead I bought a new black printhead and decided to do some troubleshooting. I first disconnected the printer and drained the voltage- then I soldered in the new fuses- they are really small so you have to crazy glue them in place first- I set the head rank. When I was finished with this I tried a test printed only to get the same messy print- I the diconneted the head cables and cleaned them and put the back in place firmly- voila I am finally getting all the colors printing but overlapping and blurred. I went back into the setting and began adjusting the Black head tilt,bi-directional and Uni-directional settings, after a bit of tweaking- maybe 2 hours FINALLY success everything was lining up,I was off about 1/16" on the black , so I manually shifted the black printhead by loosening the screw and pressing it with my finger the tightened it back. Now the print is perfect. My Falcon jr is back up and running.