Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mutoh falocon ll out door- 64 media size ?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by decaljunkie, Jul 23, 2010.

1. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    what is the smallest size media i can use in my 64" mutoh falcon ll outdoor printer? i tried to load a 15" and a 24" roll of vinyl, but the printer wouldent print on either size. but when i load a 36" roll of banner media it will print on this size and also it will print fine on a 54" banner media. but for some reason will not print on a smaller vinyl media. whats going on here, am i doing something wrong? there is a sticker on my machine that says i have to use the user 2 option on the control panel to print on vinyl. bu ti did this and still wouldnt print. any help is welcome. thanks

Tags:
  2. onlyjames

onlyjames The World Is Never Enough

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    From what I know, 30" is the smallest that will work. But, I have printed on some 24" material...but I run paper under the material to extend the 24" media to 30"...just so the printer thinks it has 30" material installed.

Maybe there is a way to turn off that sensor? or turn it off?? anyone have suggestions?

3. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    What side do you put the extended paper on? Is it the right side or the lef side if you are in fron of the machine? Thanks

4. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Right justify the media and turn media detect off.

5. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    is there a way to turn off the media dector / sensor?