• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh giving Not Original CMYK error

scene329

I've got a Mutoh valuejet 1304 and we went to replace a black cartridge that ran out.. after replacing the cartridge error came up saying "not original" after trying the cartridge a few times we then got a "CMYK not original" error.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Any suggestions?

timson

are you still using smart card? if you are still, then you have call your vendor to ask for another card.. is there any company there offering to unlock your ink system?coz it is better if you know someone

Latigo

Is your ink original Mutoh ink?
We're using the 440ml cartridges from Genesis in our Mutoh, much to Mutoh's disapproval........ We found the inks to be not only a dead match, but slightly more vibrant with no new profiling required. But.........
We've had to take the Mylar sensor decals off the right side of the old cartridge and place it in the same spot on the new cartridge or we'd get that incompatible/not original prompt. Works great, beeps when it low and is literally 1/2 the cost of the same amount of ink from Mutoh.

Latigo

Prairieboy

I took apart the card reader on my 1608 and bent the pins a bit so they would contact the card better re-installed reader and put card back in restarted printer and it read fine. It was a contact problem between the card and reader. It may be worth a try for your system I'm not sure if they have the same setup

jwright350

If the contacts on the smart card reader are off by 1mm they won't work. Try wedging some paper underneath the cartridge. Otherwise you have a bad smart card, have your ink vendor send you a new one...but be careful to align it in the same position. (draw around the old one with a sharpie to make a template) This is a common mutoh problem.