• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh gurus can U help

creative

Keep in mind that I do not know nothing about mutoh printers, but I have the maint. manual and I can follow inst to the letter, I'm also mechanically inclined and have electronics experience and test equipment.

Do the cap station MUST be working correctly so the printer can print?

I got ink all the way to the dampers using a syringe, but the printer won't print, I ran several cleaning powerful cycles and nothing happens, I see no ink going to the waste bottle, the little lines are empty.

will this cause the printer to not print?

What do I need to replace or troubleshoot, you guys with experience in this printers already went thur this, please help so I don't have to re-invent the wheel.

Thank you.

PMG

Im new to printing,,but i would check the pump,,just from reading on here thats what it sounds like!!!!!!!!!!

Flame

Maybe pump... more than likely it's your capping station. It's the achiles heel of Mutohs... their lines snap, break and fray. Often from getting caught in some gears in there.

I'd bet a dollar n'a donut hole that's your problem.

ahollow

Here's a basic diagram of the ink flow. If it's not getting through the heads with the pump, try another vacuum source there.

You can see black has its own pump, so your color pump may be shot.

ink-flow.jpg

Graphics2u

Nice Diagram!

Here's a basic diagram of the ink flow. If it's not getting through the heads with the pump, try another vacuum source there.

You can see black has its own pump, so your color pump may be shot.

Did you make that up or find it somewhere? Excellent illustration though.

Anyways.... If you can take the control panel off from in front of the Capping station you can get to the hoses you need. Remove the hose attached to the right hand portion of the capping station and use a short piece of hose and a syringe to suck the ink SLOWLY through the head. Once you get ink through the head it should print. But my gues is that you have cracked line on the pump or a bad seal on the capping station.

Not sure this method is endorsed by Mutoh but it works! I know from experience.

This picture shows what hose to remove.

Attachments

• Cap.jpg
    Cap.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 188

creative

Hi,

In regards to the e-mail, yes I did received,and yes I have the maint manual.

As to the picture with a tubing "pump", I tried and I can get the ink to flow thru the print heads on none of the two,....
So the cap station in not sealing the printhead, I'd tried adjustin and no luck.

other recommendations.

thank you all

Flame

Hi,

In regards to the e-mail, yes I did received,and yes I have the maint manual.

As to the picture with a tubing "pump", I tried and I can get the ink to flow thru the print heads on none of the two,....
So the cap station in not sealing the printhead, I'd tried adjustin and no luck.

other recommendations.

thank you all

Then that means it's time for a capping station. You just answered your own question!

creative

I called calgrahp earlier today, and they quote $77 for the capping station, is it the same as the maintenance station?

Derf

I would order the entire maintenance station from GEI Calgraph.. the new Maintenance station is way better and you will be replacing the Pump, Capping station & gearing all in one..

creative

Ok, I will order the maint station tomorrow morning, thanks all...but
I understand that I should be able to print even without a maintenance station, but i can't...
the dampers are filled with ink, I'd fille'm using a tubing sucking from underneat the each damper, the ink lines are filled and no apparent air bubles in it, any ideas why doesn't print.

thanks

Derf

Head clogged?

Air leak in ink feed line(s)?

The ink feed lines only last about a year or so.

Can you print a nozzle check?

Derf

When you replace the maintenance station make sure you pay attention to the way the wire plugs into the main board! Before you pull it out.

I made that mistake and it took a while to wait for some people on this board to email me pictures so I could see what direction the wire was plugged in.

creative

I can't print a nozzle check, the dampers are filled, however I will order a set and replace'em, they seem kind of loose were they meet the printhead... the only thing left would be the heads (i guess) but i shouldn't be able to power clean'em until i got the maint station, tomorrow i will do the lint free cloth cleaning from under the heads and see what happens.

thank you all

Derf

I would NOT touch the heads.. as you will probably make it worse. The only way I know of to clean a head is to

1) Power Clean: once you get your maintenance station
2) Use a syringe and SLOWLY suck ink from your head thru your capping station to clear.
3) Remove heads and soak them in cleaning solution.

If you touch the nozzles you will clog them.

creative

Ok,

I got the maint station installed now I will do couple of power cleaningsand follow Derf's inst...

creative

ok, I got the color to print, i can print black with a mix of CMY, I can't get ink thru the black head, the damper is full.
there seem to be no air leaks because the ink line and damper keeps the ink, if there was an air leak i would loose the ink on the line correct?...

The guy i'd bought it from sent me and old printhead but I don't have the head rank, and the head rank is not written on the flat cable, can the head rank number be retrieved some how, i wish that mutoh made this printer to automatically recognise the head ranks.

any suggestions?