• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Head Cleaning ?

whgjettdesigns

I have soaked a lent free cloth in cleaning solvent and placed it under my heads to to and clean up debris from what looks to be banner hemm. about how long should i let it soak? and should i just let it set or move it back and forth over the cloth?

randya

Just let it set, I like to rewet every 20 minutes or so for an hour or more depending on how many nozzles are missing.

Immediate do a clean, then a nozzle check.

It is also the best time to clean the steel rim around the head, the wiper and cap while the ink is still soft.
You should never touch or scrub the nozzle plate.

SignosaurusRex

I have soaked a lent free cloth in cleaning solvent and placed it under my heads .....

Just let it set, I like to rewet every 20 minutes or so for an hour or more depending on how many nozzles are missing.

You should never touch or scrub the nozzle plate.

I've been afraid to try the soaked cloth under the heads. I have a couple drop-outs in the black that I'd like to get cleared up and as of yet have only done normal cleaning, strong clean and an eight hour head soak with the head set in the capping station with the station flooded with cleaning fluid, followed by another strong cleaning. Is the soaked cloth method safe and will it work better?

randya

Yes, it is safe, if you use a lint free cloth and proper cleaning solvent and keep the cloth wet.

The cleaning solution from the cleaning cartridges works the best, denatured alcohol is probably the second most common used, it will take longer and may evaporate faster.

SignosaurusRex

Thanks, Yes...using the cleaning fluid drawn from a cartridge with a hypodermic.
I'm using the Contec brand 4"x4" polyknit clothes. Would you suggest having the cloth folded once or twice when placed under the head, and would it be best placed on the capping station or in another location with the head resting on it?

RG

Is it Lent already?

Can you not tweezer it off, I mean you can see it? The solvent is not going to dissolve it.

Right on, wrapswrapswraps. I've been using tweezers for years. The sharp pointed tweezers are better. They are great for around the capping station and around the outside of the heads, but not on the bottom side where the jets are. And, no, sadly, no more Lent this year.

CheapVehicleWrap

no, you want it over the capping station. I don't double fold just use the double it normally is. my sheets come folded in quarters but doubled.

SignosaurusRex

Thanks for the reply. I got the "over the capping station" part, but the rest is confusing. My cloths are flat, no-fold 4"x4" singles.

no, you want it over the capping station. I don't double fold just use the double it normally is. my sheets come folded in quarters but doubled.

:help I'm sorry.....I don't quite get it.