• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Headwash Problems

richrios-STX

When I print out colors with blue or green in them, I get a spotty print. I currently printing from a Mutoh Valuejet 1204. I've tried do a head wash, but it never completes it cleaning cycle. I have left it for over 4 days and the onboard screen just says Headwash and nothing more. I follow the onboard instructions to no avail. Am I missing something or is there a way to force it to complete the job? Can anyone help me out?

henryp

When I print out colors with blue or green in them, I get a spotty print. I currently printing from a Mutoh Valuejet 1204. I've tried do a head wash, but it never completes it cleaning cycle. I have left it for over 4 days and the onboard screen just says Headwash and nothing more. I follow the onboard instructions to no avail. Am I missing something or is there a way to force it to complete the job? Can anyone help me out?

Your printer may not be reading the chip on one or more of your wash cartridges.

richrios-STX

How long does a headwash normally take? Right now it says "During Wash" for about an 1 1/2. This is where I usually stay stuck at.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
If you are doing a head wash then you will need 4 cleaning cartridges with chips on them and they will need to be full.