Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh Headwash Problems

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by richrios-STX, Aug 13, 2012.

1. richrios-STX

richrios-STX New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    When I print out colors with blue or green in them, I get a spotty print. I currently printing from a Mutoh Valuejet 1204. I've tried do a head wash, but it never completes it cleaning cycle. I have left it for over 4 days and the onboard screen just says Headwash and nothing more. I follow the onboard instructions to no avail. Am I missing something or is there a way to force it to complete the job? Can anyone help me out?

2. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia

Your printer may not be reading the chip on one or more of your wash cartridges.

3. richrios-STX

richrios-STX New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    How many of the cleaning catridges should have chips. I only have two with chips.

4. richrios-STX

richrios-STX New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    How long does a headwash normally take? Right now it says "During Wash" for about an 1 1/2. This is where I usually stay stuck at.

5. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Merchant Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    If you are doing a head wash then you will need 4 cleaning cartridges with chips on them and they will need to be full.