• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh initialization menu & setting media types

erlsigns

Can anyone explain the initialization menu on a vj 1304... cd manual is not that detailed!! trying to assign different settings, (heat, effects,print modes etc etc to each media type, ....
I think it might be going back to default each time i fire her up...?
thx

henryp

Can anyone explain the initialization menu on a vj 1304... cd manual is not that detailed!! trying to assign different settings, (heat, effects,print modes etc etc to each media type, ....
I think it might be going back to default each time i fire her up...?
thx

Depending on the RIP you are using, most of these settings are overridden by the program so there is no need to worry about them, except possibly the PF Adjust. In my opinion, this is the only setting you really have to be concerned about.

Since different materials, example Vinyl and Banner, have different feed rate, the printer's PF Adjust sometimes requires re-calibration when switching from vinyl to banner and vice versa. This is done to minimize horizontal banding and also to obtain correct page sizes. To make this process easier, you can calibrate your vinyl material, for example, as Media Type 1 with a certain PF Adjust value and your banner material as Media type 2 with a different PF Adjust value, and so on and so forth. So when you print on vinyl, select Media Type 1 and when you print on banner, select Media Type 2. The printer will remember each PF Adjust setting and will perform the required feed compensation for the Media Type selected on the control panel.

Anyway, you can have up to 30 media types on the printer's control panel, you can then program each media type with its own settings for temperature, PF adjust, Print Modes, etc.... These settings are saved on the printer's memory.

If you have a RIP that do not control these settings, after loading the media, you need to select the media type you have programmed that corresponds to the material loaded on the printer. The printer will then use those setting when it prints.

erlsigns

Thx for that info,
I'm using Flexi 8 which came with the mutoh,..wasn't sure what was happening when the vj starts up....it has initiailze all, media only, except media, so did'nt quite know what settings were being changed.
Also the flexi rip knocks out the heater settings when you change the user media number to anything other than "none", I expected to see the heat settings and wave form change with each different number...(ie user media 1...fine & wave, 40,42,50...user media 3,..fuzz 2 30,35,50 etc,etc..)..

randya

Not sure of your exact question on 'initialization'.

The printer should default to the last 'media' that was selected ON THE FRONT PANEL.
The RIP will override these settings for THAT JOB ONLY, and the printer will remain at what ever settings was selected on the front panel.

If you pick media '1', it should use those settings, '2' those settings for THAT JOB.

I dont think it actually changes the front panel settings (but it might) but uses the setting that you specified in the RIP for THAT job.

Here is more detailed explaination of the settings, that I hope helps.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/65/