• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ink problems

dj_elite

I noticed alot of people are having random problems with Mutohs ink lately and with their printers because of this. I for one seem to be replacing parts with no solution to my printing problems. I am having upset customers and alot of down time. I mean can we all get together and do something about this? I've read about some people spending nearly $1000 to rebuild their printers just to have it start having printing problems weeks later. Enough is enough. I'm so fed up with it. Had my printer for 3 years now problem free until about a month ago. My new printhead is junk already. Is there anything we can do?

dj_elite

Mutoh Rockhopper 38" (prismjet extra through signwarehouse). Get my ink from signwarehouse and Fellers. There all after August date which are the ones people are having bad experience with

Ghost Prophet

Mutoh USA just going to continue to give people the run-around on the ink problems.

Mutoh is a Japanese company and their corporate office is in Japan. The Japan way of doing things is not the way things are being handled in the States. If you want to complain I suggest http://www.mutoh.co.jp/en/contact/index.html as efforts with the US office have been useless.

As for us, I think we might be buying a Mimaki or Roland soonish. I'm very excited to try one of those. ^_^

Wraps ink

I have had the same problems tons of wasted vinyl...extra late nights trying to complete jobs...I mean like not even going home exept to shower some nights....and no anwers from anyone Im being forced to buy a new printer when mine has been flawless for almost 4 years now....and I have two...so much for a backup huh...mine are both 62" falcon outdoors my prints look terrible compared to what they were back in feb. I lost a new customer cause I couldnt match colors that I had printed for him just a few months prior to mutoh changing the inks....Im pretty fed up

dj_elite

I'm fed up too. I'm leasing my machine and have about a year and a half left to buyout. I simply cannot afford to get a new machine and learn it. I just ordered a new capping station and yet another printhead. Its a bunch of sh*t!!!!

dj_elite

I have wasted at least 1 of each 220ml ink cartridges, half a roll of vinyl(30"x150'), two printheads, and now a capping station. From working on my printer there was ink over spilled that got on my capping station lower bracket. It weakened the plastic so bad that now its all distorted! I love dishing out all my profits to fix something that was working perfectly fine up until 2 months ago! SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

dj_elite

Mutoh USA just going to continue to give people the run-around on the ink problems.

Mutoh is a Japanese company and their corporate office is in Japan. The Japan way of doing things is not the way things are being handled in the States. If you want to complain I suggest http://www.mutoh.co.jp/en/contact/index.html as efforts with the US office have been useless.

As for us, I think we might be buying a Mimaki or Roland soonish. I'm very excited to try one of those. ^_^

Have any of you guys contacted them? If so what did you say so we can all be on the same page.

CheapVehicleWrap

A high ranking official from fellers stopped by last week to fix some putzes mistakes. She insists Fellers hasn't heard anything about the ink problems. Is this some kind of government cover up? Go ahead Mutoh and stretch this into a full year and see where your market share goes. In the mean time, here's a link to the manufacturer. www.Jerk-Offs.com

Ghost Prophet

Have any of you guys contacted them? If so what did you say so we can all be on the same page.

I contacted Japan HQ with a letter in Japanese stating that customer service in Arizona is sub par and that many customers are being lied to about back-ordering, shipping dates, and ink problems.

EDIT: Mind you that the Japan office DOES SPEAK ENGLISH as well. Don't want everyone thinking that you have to speak Japanese to contact them. Lol

Originally this letter was going to contain names of employees but after a chat with Randy I decided to leave names out.

On further note... I called Mutoh Arizona this morning and after being interrogated for the 8th time I was informed that the new capping stations are no longer on back-order and that they do have them in Arizona now. So I quickly contacted my supplier who are also very irritated with Mutoh to give them the good news, however false the news probably is.

dj_elite

Well i just ordered my new one through signwarehouse. It is being drop shipped direct from Mutoh. They said it is the new style with the mesh screen, but that hasn't been my problem anyway!

AUTO-FX

of course they did. they sell it. i am really leary about aftermarket ink. i would ask people which non oem brand they are having success with first.

dj_elite

I was leary too, but if Mutohs ink is now causing all these problems I mean can it really get any worse?

dj_elite

Ok so I just opened the box. No mesh screen??? Also can someone tell me if there is supposed to be a spring where the blue circle is? I checked my old one and it doesn't have it either

Attachments

• capping station.jpg
    capping station.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 61

RG

Nope. There is not suppose to be a spring there. Has anyone here ever tried the FOJ ink from visualformix.com?

dj_elite

My capping stations never had a mesh screen. I was told it was a new design and the new one was supposed to have one? Is that true?

tattoo.dan

I am gonna bump this up...I would like to know of alternative inks as well...Mutoh's is not cutting it. Anybody using any 3rd party ink in the falcon outdoor printers with good results?