• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ink useage at rapid rate

HowieV

Our Mutoh is sucking ink at a rapid rate. We installed all new ink cartridges (CMYK) and within 2 days the ink status showed 25% in all 4. Only a few small projects were printed after installing cartridges which would not constitute 75% ink usage. Any help on this would be appreciated.

rjssigns

You may have swollen sponges in the cap tops.(creates capillary siphon) Check the puke tank, it's probably full.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did this just start happening recently? I would double check your cleaning settings to make sure they didn't get set to clean too often accidentally. Then start looking at the maintenance station as stated above.

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
My experiences for stolen ink from cartridge. I have RH II 64.
When I maked cleaning then long time no print (cc 2-4 hours), ink spontaneously flows to waste (I missed cc 100ml ink from every of 2 cartridges). I have this 3 time, then I know this.
If you make CLEANING, then you must something print, then you can turn off mashine.
I never stole ink after this.