• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Jr 38"

John L

I have gone down through the Mutoh messages list but cant seem to find what I knew I once saw on here. It was a photo and description of the type and size of syringe you guys are speaking of, and I think.. info on exactly where to connect it and what to do.

Anyway.. I have the Mutoh 38" Jr. Just outside of warranty it stops printing black. I think I left it sit too long so it's surely my fault anyway.

I replaced all the cartridges with new and it ran through the "ink fill" procedure for both black and colors. Currently it wont print anything, color or black.

I cannot get it to do a cleaning like it used to. I used to press the cleaning button for 2 seconds and it would clean. I remember that it would do a deep cleaning after 2 or 3 regular cleanings... but now it just defaults back to the previous screen after a 2 second press, it wont even clean the first time.

Thanks in advance for any help, any direction.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Call Bill in tech support at Sign Warehouse. Great guys and always willing ti help.

John L

I couldnt get Bill but another fella there suggested I take the 2 small hoses from the waste bottle and connect a syringe there. While holding the head to the right, pull a suction on those lines. I am looking for some tube to connect it now.

Bogie

I used Monoject 412 (you can get them off the internet/ebay). The tips are tapered to a very small hole.

Bogie

I live. Almost finished moving this whole shebang to Jen's... It's fall already, and I'm still not really over last winter - it's like I need 12 hours of sleep a night, and have zero stamina. But hey, every day is better. Rebuilt the Falcon with help from CMYK, and I think I've figured a way to keep headclogs from happening - just posted it...

John L

Thanks Bogie, I got some small ones from walmart pharmacy that look like they will work, as a test to see if I can even get anythingthrough it at least.

Just saw your other post... and thats a great idea. I leave this one while I travel sometimes and I don't need it costing me everytime.

Thanks

John L

I only had a small syringe (10cc I think) but it did create enough suction to get fluid through both of the small hoses at the top of the waste bottle. I then was able to get it to do a couple powerfull cleanings and it finally printed a nozzle check again.

I havent ran a print file yet but I am planning to be away for a few days again and I thought it might be best to do the head wash and just leave the cleaning solvent in the lines for the time I am gone from the office. So thats what I did. I figured a few extra days of setting with the solvent might help things along.

Best of luck to the others plagued with Mutoh / other brand Printer troubles.