Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh Jr hanging during print

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by John L, Jan 25, 2009.

1. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I print with Flexi 8 and a Mutoh Jr.

It shows rip finished 100%. Then starts to print.. printer starts moving side to side... Production manager shows 4% complete and then the printer stops printing. This is the second time in a row it has done the same thing.

The nozzle check runs fine. I am about to try another file to see if maybe the file is bad or something but it shouldnt be.

Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. John L

Apr 28, 2007
    It just did it again. This time at 7%. It did physically print about 7% of the vinyl and then stopped. The data light keeps flashing on the printer. I try to wait it out but nothing else happens.

3. John L

Apr 28, 2007
    Something is up with the stupid SEC print server. If I unplug it and plug it back in it prints. But the problem recurrs.

4. John L

Apr 28, 2007
    I tried a different job file, rebooted, reset the SEH erver box, reset the network hub, all the same. Seems to be a communication issue but I am not sure about anything.

Anyone have any ideas on this?