• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Kona 1400 cut problems...

bnags

I was curious if anyone has similar issues and/or a solution to my problem at hand:

What we call a "kiss-cut" is a cut of the material, and not the liner. I do lots of these daily. My problem is when cutting a rectangle, the blade "skips" across the material but only in one direction. So when removing the excess vinyl it leaves a "perforated" side(s) on the decal, making it difficult to remove, and leaving a rigid or "spikey" edge. Ive changed directions the blade will cut. Ive replaced the blade a dozen times, adjusted height, depth, cut-mat.

The machine was brand new, and produced beautiful results when I first began using it... At this point I dont know what is happening, and why the blade only does this sporadically...

If ANYONE can give me some insight as to how, and why this happens, I will be forever grateful!!!

bnags

Soooo.... I found a solution.... not a complicated one of course. but just so you guys know, I found that by making the blade exposed only enough to cut through the material and cranking the pressure setting down, the head of the blade holder will drag on the material, and prevent it from moving or in my case bouncing. yes i realize this issue may seem a bit vague or i may not be doing a great job describing everything as such, but just being a part of this community had me try to ask others in hopes that they can help me solve these kinds of issues. anyway, the cutter is working great now, and I am pleased to be worry free....