• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Multiple Hardware Problems

Eric225

Mutoh Related
Got a Mutoh Value Jet 1204 yesterday. I did the nozzle check test and the palette test check. You can view these test in the attached images. Any suggestions on how I should fix this? I'm pretty sure the seller never flushed the lines or the print head and something is clogged. I don't think the black or magenta is reaching the print head. I am completely new to this. Any suggestions on how to fix.I have taken off the side cover and want to begin work. I want to flush the print head tonight and flush out the lines tonight. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea?

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    984 KB · Views: 193

heyskull

New print head, cables and a maintenance station.
Then recharge with new inks.
If the machine has been left like this for sometime you will never get the magenta back.
These machines should never be left with blockages or non use as they thrive on been used and the more you use them the less maintenance is needed.

SC

Eric225

Mutoh Related
New print head, cables and a maintenance station.
Then recharge with new inks.
If the machine has been left like this for sometime you will never get the magenta back.
These machines should never be left with blockages or non use as they thrive on been used and the more you use them the less maintenance is needed.

SC
If I replace the head and maintenance station do you think the magenta will come back? Did some cleaning last night and now no ink at all is getting through?

FatCat

Being new to this you might not realize what you've gotten yourself into.

If that machine has been sitting with ink in it a very long time (6+ months) you will have your work cut out for you, if less than that it might not be too bad.

A new head is roughly $2500.00, the maintenance station is $500-$600 and then with new cables, new dampers and possibly new ink lines if ink is dried and clogged in them - which could easily be another $500+ on top of all that. In my opinion, if you have to go that route, it's probably not worth putting that kind of money in that machine. Can you get it to work - yes....but without experience on how to replace those parts figure another $1000-$1500 for a technician to come do it for you.

Trust me when I say I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but it is what it is.

Before you give up try to soaking the head;
https://signs101.com/threads/head-soak-and-clean.79758/

Basically you use a coffee filter cut to slightly larger than the head and soak with solvent solution which you can get online or from a local sign supply shop like Fellers or Grimco. Let it sit parked on the capping station and the solvent should start softening any plugs in the head nozzles. Let it sit 20-30 minutes then run a cleaning cycle. *BUT if you're maintenance station is not working (drain lines are plugged up) then a cleaning cycle may not help you.

I wish you the best.