• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh No INK

copyalbania

Mutoh RJ-900c No Color on paper
Hello to everyone,

I have a plotter Mutoh Rj-900 and it has worked well but this days no toner in paper.
It makes all the preparation for print it takes all data but when you print the paper is white no toner at all.

All the dampers are full of ink and no air is in the tubes i have checked.

I have changed the print head with a new one but the same thing.
I have changed the PCB that is located above the display,small PCB but nothing works.

Please is there anyone to help me??

jiarby

contact the guy that sold it to you. Probably blown main main board when changing the head.

copyalbania

Thank you very much for the reply.

Please can you explain more what is the problem?

What PCB is damaged and how he has blown it up so i can tell him exactly?

Please!!!

copyalbania

In the display no error os shown and the work of the plotter is as usually.

When the PCB is blown up it showed an error code or not?

Where is located the PCB?
Is any fuse so i can change it?

copyalbania

Hello Auto FX,

thank for the reply.

do you mean that before removing the print head the technichen should remove the AC power?

can be the 2 cables of the print head be defective?

AUTO-FX

well, you should always unplug your printer before servicing. you may have blown fuses when you changed the head. read that thread, and follow the link at the end of that thread and read that also. You can check the fuses with an electrician's multimeter easily. please read some more, and I apologize for any language barrier that may exist for us here...

are you sure you have provided sufficient suction at the damper to establish ink flow to the new head? Did you use a syringe to try and draw the ink through the tubing to the damper? does this make sense at all ? (again, i apologize)

copyalbania

Hello Auo FX,

I want to explain something.

I was not the guy that made service to my Mutoh rj 900c.
Some other technician came and let me explain what he did:

Firstly i used not original toner and where gap of air in the tubes.
The technician came and pull out the air with syringe after that there was no toner but not in that moment the process has gone little by little.

The technician suggested to me that the head have problems and so he cleaned with alcohol the head.

No change was after this process and he suggested to change completely the head and so we did but no effect after that he suggested to change the board that is located in the upper the display but again no toner in the paper.

This is what he did and after that i thought to repair by myself because i am in the field of servicing copy machines and printers so it is better to take care of my equipments.

Now in this conditions there is no air in the tubes and the damper are full of toner and i do not see any air in there.

CAN IT BE THE PROBLEM WITH THE TWO CONNECTORS THAT CONNECT THE PRINT HEAD AND THE pcb THAT IS LOCATED ABOVE THE PRINT HEAD?

AUTO-FX

Anything is possible, but I wouldnt bet on it.What are the chances that BOTH cables would become defective at the same time. Do you have a meter? Did you check for continuity in those wires?
Was he a Mutoh tech or no? Do you know for sure that he checked the head fuses? Also, did he input the new head ranks?

This is a long thread, but worth reading, and it has good pictures.
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45626

My bet would be head ranks need to be input or fuses are blown.

Or call the tech back?