• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh not printing color

yamaha581

We just replaced the heads on our falcon and got ink through the lines and into the dampers. When we go to print now for some reason all it does is print black lines and prints no colors. Do we need to set head rank and other things before we can get it to print correctly?

Attachments

• falcon jr print sample.JPG
    falcon jr print sample.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 93

CRD

Head rank will not show up this problem. Is this the machine selftest? Have the head cables running from the head board to the heads have been cured and placed correctly? Paco

yamaha581

That was when we actually tried to do a full color print but it does the same thing for the test as well. Im not sure what you mean by cured but they were put back in the same place. We ordered new head cables from cmykparts but for some reason they only sell 2 color cables. We will have to put the new one in and hopefully that helps.

CRD

cured = secured. you have cables for the larger falcon outdoor machines which uses two color heads. The junior uses 1 dedicated black and 1 color head. Paco

yamaha581

When I called Mutoh they had said to change the F2 fuse so we went ahead and ordered it online and got it changed with the new style one so all we have to do now is take out the fuse and just put a new one in. Does the black and color have a separate fuse? We weren't sure if we needed to change the F1 fuse as well. Were going to go ahead and install the new color head cable and see what happens when we try it out.

yamaha581

We got it to print the image but its just printing all black and white with no color still. Im not sure if we would need to change the f1 fuse or what to do. We changed the color head cable earlier today as well.

Attachments

• mutoh print.jpg
    mutoh print.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 91

66duane

not a expert by far

by my initiation into mutoh printers was the same as you,, when we pulled the pump apart it was it that was wrong,, not enough suction,, also there is a setting on the control panel for more suction, i assume this was for the ink,,, we also found a line off to the put from the color side and a hole in another line,, try pulling ink,,,,,, listen to me the expert now,, 10 min from now ill be wanting help,,,,,,,,,,, duane

Jackpine

also there is a setting on the control panel for more suction, i assume this was for the ink,,, Not so.....
It for the vacuum for the media......