• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh not printing full size

packman

This has been happening for a while. Probably all the time I've used the machine. What ever I print it doesn't come out the exact size. I'm using flexisign rip and lets say if I print a 6x2ft banner it will come out about an inch shorter on the length and a fraction of an inch shorter on the width.

I've checked that I have 100% checked on the media size.

Any ideas why it does this?

Cheers Mark

jwright350

You need to adjust your media feed for every type of media... but bad news, even then you'll still never get it exact on long runs. You also have to play around in your RIP....it might override the PF adjustment depending on which printer you have.

My advice, adjust your PF for printing on vinyl and everything else will be pretty good unless you have a newer mutoh that allows you to setup multiple media types. My 2606 allows me to save 15 different combinations of PF and heater settings.

The lame way to fix this is to use your RIP's "output size compensation". If you have Flexi, just run a search in the help file and it will show you how to setup this adjustment factor.