• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Nozzle Check

p3

I went through and did some major cleaning on my VJ1304. No matter how many head cleanings or soaking, I can not get the nozzle check to print perfect. there is one line missing like this on every color. Any ideas of how i can fix it? I did a couple prints and they look alright, but the black looks streaky and in some spots the prints dont appear to have smooth lines and get fuzzy. I am assuming it is because not all the nozzles are firing correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
IMG_20110504_174415.jpg

randya

You have some misdirected nozzles as well.
Head soak is your best best, if head soaks dont bring your nozzles back or correct the misdirected nozzles then the nozzles may actually be damaged.
You are then looking at head replacement to get everything back to spec.

PMG

Be very careful on soaking the head, i did this to day and my yellow got cross contaminated ...took a lil wile for it to get back to normal yellow........ Randya how much are a set of heads for a 1204..and do you have a link to them?

randya

It's one head, but sorry I dont know prices.
You get those through a Mutoh dealer or GeiCalgraph.
All the dealers are listed on our website.

p3

I got the mis directed nozzle fixed, well it appears to look good on the test prints now, its just those missing ones that are bothering me now.

randya

You can continue to do head soaks to see if any return, normally though, after a couple of hours if you dont get any more you are unlikely to get them all back.
But if you have nothing better to do, I would keep trying.

p3

How much is a print head going to run for this machine usually? Is it easy enough to DIY or best to have a tech come out and do it?

randya

I would recommend a tech.
Not all that difficult, but easy enough to take out a main board and a new head if you dont know what you are doing.

Gabriel

:))) Randya. Right!
If the print head is old, and those nozzles are missing for a long time, you won't get them back, I think - no matter how much you'll try. If you solved the problems with the misdirected nozzles, then 1 missing nozzle/color does not mean much. You shouldn't have too many problems, especially if you're printing in many steps(high quality).