• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh outdoor 46 inks not firing. details inside please help.

chuck2302

I am no expert in printing but have done a ton of research I'll explain the facts and see if I can get a list of things to look at.
1. New capping station, head cables, wiper, cleaned, new ink pump, new left head and supposed to be new right head came with.

2. 6 colors so heads are the same. New head has fired Cayan black on test print. Or magenta black. Not all three and never yellow and the light colors.

3. No head rank on head I bough only what looks like a 14 but not clear. Entered proper rank for right head in head rank menu.

4. Head fuses checked and bypassed. They are not an issue.

5. Head that came with was solvent flushed and clear all lines were flushed and new inks filled all dampers half full and pulled up ink on their own on fill cycle.

So where do I look for figuring out why the colors are not all firing. I think I can figure out the alignment once I get the colors going.
Thanks for your help.
Chuck C

chuck2302

The colors printing switched from magenta to cayan after only doing a strong head clean so now it's the blue and black. On the new spitoon sponge there are 6 lines of only the left head colors that are uniform. So the right head is not spitting into the spitoon.

Karen-Kang

I am no expert in printing but have done a ton of research I'll explain the facts and see if I can get a list of things to look at.
1. New capping station, head cables, wiper, cleaned, new ink pump, new left head and supposed to be new right head came with.

2. 6 colors so heads are the same. New head has fired Cayan black on test print. Or magenta black. Not all three and never yellow and the light colors.

3. No head rank on head I bough only what looks like a 14 but not clear. Entered proper rank for right head in head rank menu.

4. Head fuses checked and bypassed. They are not an issue.

5. Head that came with was solvent flushed and clear all lines were flushed and new inks filled all dampers half full and pulled up ink on their own on fill cycle.

So where do I look for figuring out why the colors are not all firing. I think I can figure out the alignment once I get the colors going.
Thanks for your help.
Chuck C

The situation happened when you install your new head?
how do you make sure your head fired?
Any nozzle test upload?
have you checked the head cables?

chuck2302

The situation happened when you install your new head?
how do you make sure your head fired?
Any nozzle test upload?
have you checked the head cables?

bought used and refurbished so don't know if it was an original issue.

The two printed colors are 100% I'll post a pic of the test print today when I get up.

going to double check the cables they are both new and hooked up the way the old came out. If that was right to begin with.
Double check the order.
Thanks
Chuck

Karen-Kang

bought used and refurbished so don't know if it was an original issue.

Don't know how to do a nozzle test upload. Gotta figure that one out. Unless you can point me there.

going to double check the cables they are both new and hooked up the way the old came out. If that was right to begin with.

you can see how to upload the nozzle test from my attachment.
check the cables under power off status,please.
cables connection should not have any ink, should be flat .

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 77

chuck2302

Attached the test print from Maintenence Menu. The left head is the only one firing. Not all three left colors print in a normal test print however.
I have sucked ink through all dampers and on a clean it's pulling ink to waste tank on all colors.

Attachments

• 20150916_070911.jpg
    20150916_070911.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 56

chuck2302

Attached the test print. The left head is the only one firing. If I swap heads same deal. If I swap cables the other head prints but just the same two sequenced colors. Head fuses are jumper ed right now. I'm lost. Has to be a connection bit all parts work to the same degree when moved around. Magenta and black are the only two actually printing on test print. The quality is great for the two that are printing. However cannot figure out why the others are not firing. The entire right head still won't print.

Attachments

• 20150916_072600.jpg
    20150916_072600.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 73

chuck2302

I ORDERED head cables from cmyk parts. The eBay ones I have seem to have the spacing slightly off for the pins compared to the OE. I tried to fix the OE ends and blew a power fuse so those were junk like I suspected. So 96 dollars in cables they better be OE style and some more fuses. Hopefully this will help the situation some.

chuck2302

Ok I replaced fuses and I have tried adjusting settings. Swapped out head cables. Still only 1 head sorts working the left head. And only two colors will print based off if setting is kmcky or just kmcy