• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Outdoor Falcon Junior resale price?

John L

Shortly after we started this business, we discovered vinyl. And then years later, I naturally thought that printing would be the next logical step. It made sense to me.

I have a Falcon Junior that we have used about 2 times or maybe 3 times a week since we bought it new from Sign Warehouse a year or so ago. Very little of our paid work uses printed vinyl.

I really enjoy the convenience of having it here. But we print more for ourselves than actual customers. It doesn't seem to fit my particular business model as much as others I read about on here. There are a few local shops I can rely on when I do need something printed and of course the great merchants on this board which I have used a few times when I was spread too thin to even do my own with my own equipment.

So, enough wind... how much should I expect to get for a very lightly used Outdoor Junior (Prism Jet Extra) with new inks, cleaning carts, and everything else it came with new, including the shipping crate?

bigwebman

John, I just saw one on Craigslist in my area for 3,500 bucks. He stated that everything worked great, and it came with 5 new extra inks, plus the ink in the machine. Just letting you know.

John L

Yeh, That's not good news. I will look around a little more before I do anything drastic. I guess for that kind of money I am better to keep it here. The few jobs I do use it for make it worth that much to me.

Thanks for the heads up though.

bigwebman

No problem, John. Would you advise me to think about this printer? It would be my entry into digital. Do you think it would be worth it? I know the size is a knock, but how is the print quality? How about upkeep and consumables? Thanks

ProWraps

we sold our falcon outdoor about 1+ years ago for $4000. It was the 46" model and was completely rebuilt with new heads, pump, and maintenence station. might give you a benchmark to price yours.

Fuzzbuster

I have one here thats in my way i`de get rid of for not too much money.

It`s a 64 inch with the takeup reel

shipping would probably be an issue.

:help

ProWraps

oh yeah ours included the take up reel as well. i hate to say it, but as fuzz implied, there isnt much value for them anymore considering you can get a valuejet 48" for cheap. ours is going for $6500 with take up. and the difference in print quality is staggering. not even the same ball game.