• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Outdoor Jr. and Vista???

Slack11

Just bought a new computer with Vista (64bit) system. I am currently running signlab v7.1 which runs on the machine, but I cannot send any prints to the printer. The program acts as if it is sending a job (like my old computer) but it seems as if the printer can't accept it.

Is there a special driver to use with vista for the Mutoh printers? I installed the printer from the software from signlab, but I am sure that the driver on that disk is for an older 32 bit system. Again, it seems as if everything else is working right.

Todd M Castle

Could also be the Signlab giving you issues. Here is from Signlab's website.

Signlab version 7.1 - Fully compatible with Windows XP SP2, Windows XP 64 bit and Windows 2000. Compatible with Windows VISTA 32 with known issues. NOT compatible with Windows VISTA 64.

RG

Bingo. Todd hit the nail on the head. You can try running Signlab in a Compatibility Mode for an earlier version of Windows. Just right click the Signlab icon on your desktop, click Properties, and click Compatibility. It's worth a shot. Good luck.

Slack11

The website also says this:

SignLab 7.1 Build 9---- Shipping as at April 13, 2007

SignLab Supported in Vista (32 And 64 Bit)

I called the rep from cadlink and he said that it will work with some "builds"

Yardbirdrc

Take it back and get something that will run XP or be ready to pull out all your hair.
I use flexi and some software for CNC called mach 3. I wasted two solid days trying to "upgrade" to vista. Microsoft has even called it quits on Vista and moved on to Windows 7.

Avoid Vista, My 2 cents.
Rick
yardbirdrc

Slack11

Thanks guys,
I have already bought the system, the rep at Cadlink told me it was an easy process to get it to work. I have a few things to try tonite, if they don't work, I think I'll just do the upgrade to Windows 7 and hope that will be better to work with.

Yardbirdrc

My advise to anyone in a niche market is be very patient to change operating systems. We use low volume software and it is usually the last to update and work well when a new OS comes along. If you play computer games then go ahead and get the 64 bit number cruncher with the newest video card putting out more heat then a hair dryer. But CNC and printing just wait and save some money by sticking with the ol XP system.