• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Outdoor to All Black???

reelguitars

Well, after fighting with this damned old Mutoh Outdoor 62 for the past several years, I've decided that color printing is not that important to me (it was a VERY small part of my business...much more aggravation that it was worth). Anyway, I don't want to to invest any more money in it. I converted it to bulk ink last year (4 colors...cmyk) and most of the time, it printed without issue. Now, the heads are getting weak and I see a little banding. I've cleaned and flushed the heads, the lines, the dampers, the tanks...I'm getting good solid ink, but still the banding. Changed ICC profiles, resolution, and ink limit adjustments...still the banding. What I have decided to do is change over to all black ink. 95% of what I print is black on white. Has anyone ever done this? If so, what results did you get? If you have any suggestions, I'd gladly welcome them. If you want to preach to someone, go to church this Sunday...lol. I've given this old girl all the care I possibly could since I got it but now, I'd just like to print black on white and have it look good. Thanks in advance for your help.
David