• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh print head falcon series not working

xray

I have an older mutoh falcon 6 color...

One head is not working at all...

I checked the main board fuses, pulled ink through the dampers and capping station. I even put an old head in that we had....

It will print the three colors for the other head and then three blanks in the nozzle check..

I hope stealth is on here to help me out...

Thanks

printmares

I'm new at this, but managed to get 2 dead heads semi-working and have been reading alot of advice.

-Lint free cloth (or coffee filters as suggested) soaked in solvent placed over the capping station, under the heads may loosen the ink. re-apply every 30 minutes.

-I took the left side plate off of a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor and moved the heads to the left and viewed the bottom of the heads with a mirror and light without having to take them off.

(?) I'm not sure how to tell if the pump is bad other than taking it apart which I don't suggest.

(?) I'm not sure how to check the data feed to the head other than confirm the obvious physical connections. Would this show up in the DIAG output in some form?

We used the syringe method to unclog the head, but am not sure if there was any damage done to the head. Also, the printhead911 recovery business said not to use isopropyl alcohol with some inks as it can cause precipitates in the head (we are using Mutoh eco-ultra solvent ink). Another solvent soak is our next step.

Good Luck

ruckusman

If you do use a syringe directly on the manifold nipple, draw rather than push cleaning fluid as you can delaminate the head internally.

To do this properly, they really need to be removed and placed in a small saucer of cleaning fluid a millimetre or so deep.

In actual use the nozzle plate has minute amounts or pressure from the ink being ejected by the piezo crystals, there is no appreciable amount of force applied from inside the head/ink chambers.

When the maintenance pump runs it draws via induced vacuum at the pump -> capping station.

How do I know this, recovered some clogged heads and breached the internal seals between the ink channels in the process - D'OH!

xray

Ok I can pull ink through the capping station with head over it..

Also I can force ink through the head with a syringe...

Any other ideas Im stumped

J Hill Designs

will it print anything directly after sucking ink through? if not, I'd be more inclined to say its not getting data, althought usually it throws an error if there is a problem with the data train

xray

Yeah nothing at all.

Its like someone just shut that head off...

I checked the fuses and no errors on the printer lcd...

Could it be a bad cable???