• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh printer problems

scurcio

We have a Mutoh printer which recently developed a problem where all of the ink from the CMY cartridges was somehow transferred into the waste bottle which overflowed onto the floor. This happened overnight when the printer was off.
Now, the printer will not print any CMY colors. The black prints fine. I replaced the empty CMY cartridges with new ones. I did several cleaning cycles and also a wash, which didn't help. From what it looks like, the printer is not getting the three inks out of the cartridges.
Any ideas?

Neil

First of all find the reason why the inks drained out.
It's probably the sponges in the caps have swollen and made contact with the heads. Fix this first.

Next remove a damper and use a syringe to pull ink through the lines manually.
I do it by pressing the syringe up against the o ring in the damper outlet.
keep pulling until the damper is full (it should actually be half full) of ink.

Do this for the 3 offending colors, then plug in the dampers and then after one head clean and you should be set.

In case you don't already know, be careful removing the dampers.
Make sure you pull them straight up so as not to break the nipple on the head.
Before re-inserting, I use a q tip to dry off the o ring and around the nipple.

Neil

Undo the little brass nut that holds the ink line to the damper.
Attach the syringe directly to the ink line using small rubber tubing as a flange, so that you get a good seal.

Now when you draw the syringe you definately will end up with ink coming through the line. If not, then you haven't plugged in the cart!

Espartaco1967

Hello I have one mutoh outdoor falcon jr, and recently I had a problem, not print the heads, not color, not black, I change fuse 1 and fuse 2, the machine work very well, but to the week does not print the color head, anybody can help me, it can be problem of mainboard, and if it is thus, somebody knows like repairing it

Espartaco1967

Hello I have one mutoh outdoor falcon jr, and recently I had a problem, not print the heads, not color, not black, I change fuse 1 and fuse 2, the machine work very well, but to the week does not print the color head, anybody can help me, it can be problem of mainboard, and if it is thus, somebody knows like repairing it, the inks arrives at dampers, and capping station clean, even fills the waste bottle, the inks arrives perfectly at the heads, apparently does not arrive voltage at the top from color

Graphics Guy

Draining Ink

I am having the same problem with the printer dumping all of the ink. I have a Falcon Outdoor printer that I purchased used but it has been printing fine except for the ink dumping problem. It seems that it happens when there has been a printing error but I'm not sure one has any bearing on the other. I just replaced the ink in stations 3,4 & 5 last Friday because of this problem and it just happened again. $190.00 worth of ink on the floor. I took the panel off so I can see the damper pads better and it does not appear to be swollen but I probably can't tell by just looking at it. It seems to make sense though because it is the same three inks that I just replaced so the problem is apparently confined to that set of inks.
Is there any other problem that could cause this. It doesn't seem to matter if the machine is on or off, plugged in or unplugged. So far I haven't had a problem with it replenishing the head with ink to print after draining the cartridges, just takes two or three cleaning cycles to get going.
Could sure use any advice available.

randya

It's probably the sponges in the caps have swollen and made contact with the heads. Fix this first.

Graphics Guy

Randya, thanks for the reply. I thought something like that might be the problem. Do you know a good dealer to get parts like the sponges, cap station and maintenance station?

Jackpine

You can get parts from any Mutoh dealer. They will have them drop shipped from Mutoh. I have used Gregory. They are very good.....not that Adam Bennett wouldn't do good also. I have bought parts from www.cmykparts.com also. Victor does a good job with help and customer service. Sounds like you need a cap station. The maintenance station has to be bought from Mutoh. It has in it the pump, wiper assembly cap station and motor. You will need to wire this to the main board....not too hard.
Randya, thanks for the reply. I thought something like that might be the problem. Do you know a good dealer to get parts like the sponges, cap station and maintenance station?
Good luck.