• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Printer/Signlab Problem. PLEASE HELP!

GullasGraphics

I cannot seem to find any information on what could be causing my new found printer problem. Any information anyone has would be GREATLY appreciated.

I just put a new cpu and ram into my production/rip computer with a fresh windows 7 64bit install. Installed SignLab 7.1 print and cut, and set up the Print And Cut Manager. I did a test print and everything seems to be running smoothly, and then a few inches into the print, the printer seems to be repeating the same line of print over and over. I dont know how else to describe it, I've never seen anything like it. Attached 2 pics at the bottom.

I tried resending the job, and then sending a whole new job, same problem. It starts messing up at a different point in the file each time, which makes me think it is not the file. I tried a new network cable, to no avail. The preview in the Print And Cut Manager looks perfect. Seems like there is an issue getting the file from the Print And Cut Manager to the printer itself.

I have no idea what to try next. I went through the whole Mutoh operation manual and couldn't find anything usefull. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/e1c4f

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/49795

GullasGraphics

Forgot to mention: The printer is a Mutoh ValueJet 1204AS (48"). Again, I would REALLY appreciate any help that anyone has to offer.

GullasGraphics

Thanks anyway ProWraps. I appreciate the feedback.

So I just installed Signlab 7.1 and Print And Cut Manager on a different PC here thats running windows XP 32bit. Did a few prints and everything is fine. So it seems like its definitely not a printer issue, it's definitely a data flow issue.

Has anyone had a problem running Signlab 7.1 from a 64bit machine??? In the past, I have sent files from Signlab on a 64bit machine, to rip and print from an XP 32bit machine, with no problem. This is the first time I've actually ripped directly from a 64bit PC.

I'm currently using an old XP 32 bit PC as a rip computer so that I dont lose production time, but obviously I would like to be able to rip from the 64 bit system sometime soon.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

ProWraps

Thanks anyway ProWraps.
Did a few prints and everything is fine. So it seems like its definitely not a printer issue, it's definitely a data flow issue.

glad to be of service.

the other issue was that you ran out of media. but i knew you were smarter than that. glad to hopefully have helped. happy printing!