• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Printhead model numbers

blackcodda

Hi, I have a Mutoh RJ6000 which I plan to convert to eco-solvent inks.
From what I read so far it turns out that the DX-2 printhead is actually an Epson 3000/7000 printhead, and there is no special water or solvent ink type dedicated printehad - it is just one and the same thing and the heads are just the same.

I found some printheads for Epson 3000, which I plan to use as replacement for the (probably) dried up heads which are currently in the printer. The heads are numbered: EPSF055040 (probably same as F055040) and F055050. Can you advise on if these will fit in Mutoh RJ6000? ANy help is highly appreciated and I am ready to provide complete information and photos of the heads, if needed.

I will only use them after I try my best to flush the old ones - I read somewhere that hot water was giving very good results. So I'll be curious to play around and let you know what's happening. I am also accepting any ideas/suggestions for cleaning old heads.

Thank you all!