Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh printing black drops and dark lines

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by mnapuran, Nov 28, 2012.

1. mnapuran

mnapuran Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Plano (Dallas), TX
    Just started happening today.... I've cleaned around the maintenance station, the wiper and the ramps next to the print head. It's improved, but once I start printing, after 5-12" I start getting black droplets on the print, or some darker lines in the print.

Picture is below with 2 drops, and you can see a faint darker line just below them (and one toward the top of the print as well)... any ideas?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Take a flashlight and look at the heads to make sure no "fuzzies" are hanging from the heads. these can be picked up from frayed banner material ends. also check your lines to make sure there are no cracks allowing air to get into the lines. The lines can become brittle where they fit into the copper nuts, from the bending back & forth as the carriage moves.