• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh printing black drops and dark lines

mnapuran

Just started happening today.... I've cleaned around the maintenance station, the wiper and the ramps next to the print head. It's improved, but once I start printing, after 5-12" I start getting black droplets on the print, or some darker lines in the print.

Picture is below with 2 drops, and you can see a faint darker line just below them (and one toward the top of the print as well)... any ideas?

Attachments

• Mutoh.jpg
    Mutoh.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 125

thmooch

Take a flashlight and look at the heads to make sure no "fuzzies" are hanging from the heads. these can be picked up from frayed banner material ends. also check your lines to make sure there are no cracks allowing air to get into the lines. The lines can become brittle where they fit into the copper nuts, from the bending back & forth as the carriage moves.