• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Prismjet extra 62 Help

Extreme

Hi All, Im new here and also to this printer and i amd having issue trying to get it up and running. I bought it used with no software and or drivers etc. Since i always sub out the print work im having a hard time getting help. Signwarehouse won't help becasue i didnt buy it from them. and i don't know anyone that knows or can help me with this. So anyone with knowledge please contact me asap.
thanks tony

Extreme

Yea I Tried the dealers and you would think they would help but since i didnt buy it from them they won't help. But the issue is i don't know what drivers i need to get to get it printing. and Flexi 8 is not reconizing the printer. Im sure its just that i don't know anything about it so im looking for a walk through.

AUTO-FX

in my production manager (8.6) i would go to setup>add setup> then choose a device type (color printer) then choose manufacturer (prismjet) then choose model. i would assume it is the prismjet 62 plus.

Extreme

in my production manager (8.6) i would go to setup>add setup> then choose a device type (color printer) then choose manufacturer (prismjet) then choose model. i would assume it is the prismjet 62 plus.

Hi, Thanks but in the list it don't show the printer there just cutters for some reason. is there something i need to do to get it reconize the printer? its the prismjet extra 62 yes. When i bought the printer it had no software for anything.

Extreme

Ok Guys i have it printing now but now its printing like crap. It has lines through the images and is very spotty. is this a setting? or maybe heads? i did a complete flush of the inks with the cleaning carts. and then added new ink cartriges and still getting the same. in the manual it says that after replacing new carts. it should do a replenish but its not. so im doing a manuel cleaning about 8 times to get the ink to the heads. but still prints with lines... nothing is solid. any ideas ? please help

Extreme

Attachments

• IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 61
Print a test print (hold shift and press enter) and take a picture of that. It looks like you have a lot of nozzles missing, the test print will tell for sure.

Extreme

Print a test print (hold shift and press enter) and take a picture of that. It looks like you have a lot of nozzles missing, the test print will tell for sure.

here ya go looking pretty crappy. lol
thanks for all your help btw.

Attachments

• IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 75
They are good but you will probably get better prices from solventinkjet.com. I haven't used them yet but heard good things and will be getting my stuff form them next time.