• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh PrismJet Extra Falcon Outdoor Jr - Not printing magenta or yellow

Deedsdesign

Anybody-

I'm look for some suggestion or things I can possible troubleshoot to fix my issue. I'm firing just cyan and black. We took the hood off and checked the lines. The magenta and yellow lines are both empty and will not pump anything through. What might be my problem ? I'm a newbie and just bought this equipment, it was working fine and we moved it to a new location. When moving it we realized that it had dumped a ton of magenta on to the floor as it was being stored.

Ive did a nozzle check and all i got was still cyan and black and still not firing anything else. Ive tried printing just solid red and yellow squares, if I get anything I get like light blue streaks. I'm at a loss here. So if anyone can help a new guy on the block that would be greatly appreciated.

schurms

Could be alot of things......... First how long was it stored ? If you have no ink in the lines, thats the problem but what cause it not sure. First how long was it stored and how long was it that it did not print all 4 colors ?

Deedsdesign

it was consistently being used for a good 2 mo. I was in the middle of a location transfer so I would say it wasn't being used for about a week and a few days!! I hooked everything back up yesterday, ran the basic and power cleanings and then did a test print. I thought it was weird i wasn't getting certain color so I checked all my settings within flexi and what not. Everything was fine so we took the hood off and both the magenta and yellow lines are completly drained. We checked to see if there was clogged lines, thats not the case. From everything we've tried it looks like whatever pulls the ink through isn't working properly, thats the catch, we don't know exactly whats not working for the ink not to pull through the lines. I just bought this off someone that was selling it and we're very new to this whole thing. Ive read several things on these forums that are similar to my problem but they don't make sense to us. Sorry for not being more educated on this stuff but I'm learning as I go, that why I'm turning to people that know what possibly might be going on. Can anyone lay out what I can do in simple terms!!

Deedsdesign

Oh and in regards to colors it prints..I can print basic black and blues just fine. If I do a nozzle check as well thats all I get also.

Compilla

Anybody-

The magenta and yellow lines are both empty and will not pump anything through. What might be my problem ? I'm a newbie and just bought this equipment, it was working fine and we moved it to a new location. When moving it we realized that it had dumped a ton of magenta on to the floor as it was being stored.

I

Me thinks you answer you own question. I suspect your M & Y Ink are on the floor. lol

Are the pads in the cap assy swollen and touching the bottom of the print head?
It's probably the sponges in the caps have swollen and made contact with the heads, hence your ink on the floor.

I will start with a new MSA. ( Maintenance Station Assembly )

My 2¢

Last edited:

Deedsdesign

When I checked the pads they were extremely swollen with ink. When moving it I took the ink cartridges out and they were out during the move until I fired the machine back up for use, does ink stay in the lines?

I'm thinking the lines drained if it was possibly mishandled during the move and drained out the back side and through the front side and onto the pads which caused the pads to become swollen while it was touching the print heads? Why would it have done only 2 out of the 4 colors ? I'm just trying to learn at this point to avoid this ever happening again.

Compilla-

Is the msa something we can do on our end? or is this something we need a tech for? Can you just give me a simple explanation of what a MSA is, so I can go from there? Like I said I'm a newbie and I hate to bother you but I figured a few simple dumb questions will fix my problem faster than not asking anything at all. I appreciate it, Thank you.

-Chris

Deedsdesign

Can the existing MSA be fixed at all, or is it completely shot and is a must that it has to be replaced? Im asking because I just called and got a quote on the part and I'm going to continue to look around and see what other places might be selling it for, that is if I can find it somewhere else other than signwarehouse.

wcso35

Someone else might have input better. But is it possible it is just the capping station that could be replaced. Or possibly a O-ring that is not tight and the variation between going from heated building to freezing temps outside and then back to heated building caused the vacuum to release and cause the pad to swell, causing the head to clog.

So is it possible to just replace the capping station, do a good cleaning.

Deedsdesign

I love this site..seen a post on here about a diagnostic test and ink charge!! Within 10 minutes my lines were filled with ink and I'm up and printing again!!! Wow!! I'm glad I didn't have to drop all the money on replacing the MSA!! Thanks signs 101!!