• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh problem

chasegra

I am a new Mutoh Valuejet operator and am new to this forum. Hoping someone can help.

Today, while printing a banner, I experienced some ink "dripping". I have been printing on the vinyl for a few weeks without any issues. I did a through cleaning as had been trained by the Mutoh tech and the nozzle check showed multiple broken lines. Repeated head cleanings and each time the nozzle checks got worse instead of better.

Fortunately we have service for a limited time but was unable to connect with service over the phone in order to resolve the issues.

Suggestions? Am I missing something?

Flame

You might've had one of your waste lines tear. I had that all the time, and that's one of the issues I had. And every time I cleaned it, it would get worse and worse....

Check thoroughly underneath the capping station for any frayed or broken lines.

Compilla

Welcome!!
This is going to sound silly but make sure that the print head it is on the High position and try lower your heater settings...:Welcome:

chasegra

Had a recommendation to try putting some of the cleaner or waste ink on a lint free cloth and put it on the capping station, then return the print head back in place. After removing it, I ran a strong cleaning and nozzle check. My nozzle checks are getting better, but not as good as it was before this mess. Seems like the heads are clogged. Don't know if there was a head strike, because I was not the person running the machine at the time. (Got called in after the fact.) The original settings I was using were the recommended profiles as well as heat settings and I had run multiple banners without any issues.

Since I am a newbie to all of this, where do I find all of these hose etc. that I keep reading about that could leak, tear etc.?

EndlessOptions

If it got worse with every cleaning I would say that it is the capping station or the pump, make sure that the heads seal well in the capping station, and that the drain lines from the station are open. My Falcon will get a buildup of ink around the heads and sometimes not seal well. I imagine the value jet is set up similar to the Falcon, I have experienced what you are a couple times and the things I have said fixed the problem.

chasegra

It definitely got worse with every cleaning. Each time I did it, there were less lines on the nozzle check - to the point where only about 10% showed. Not having much experience with this equipment, do these kind of problems occur without warning? I would have thought that the images that I was printing would have started to show open spots or banding as a warning.

Print-Kwik

I had a similar problem with my ValueJet so I did a head cleaning then ran a print with 4 large patches, on for each ink, at 100% on each, then another cleaning. All was well after that.